Applying the Invisible Shield?

ChalmersP

Reaction score
I got one of the Invisible Shields today by Zagg, it says after applying to let the phone sit for up to 24 hours... Has anyone tried this screen protector? Can I use my Droid after a while, or should I wait the full 24 hours? Has anyone had any problems with the water/sponge part? Thanks!

DroidFan

Reaction score
I used an IS on my Blackberry a couple of years ago. I waited for a couple of hours to let it set, but I was off & running to Disneyland that day & had no problems whatsoever!

TomN

Reaction score
I'm usually using mine an hour or so after it's been applied. As long as you don't manhandle it you'll be fine.

OP
C

ChalmersP

Reaction score
I'm usually using mine an hour or so after it's been applied. As long as you don't manhandle it you'll be fine.

Have you had any problems with the liquid/sponge? That still worries me...

TomN

Reaction score

Have you had any problems with the liquid/sponge? That still worries me...

I'm going to preface this by saying that you need to be careful with liquid around any electronics... that being said...

I turn off the phone when I use the sponge, and I use a decent amount of the liquid when I'm putting on the screen. Just make sure that you have towels to soak up the water so it doesn't get inside the phone. I've installed a LOT of Invisible Shields on a bunch of devices and as long as you're careful you should be fine.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have it on my Droid right now. It is definitely safe to use as soon as it's on, just don't put it in your pocket for 24 hours. Mine was out of pocket for a total of about 37 hours, just to make sure.

I had them install it for me, I was using it as soon as it was on. Felt weird at first to me, but now I love it. That extra protection and more grip.