Application Backups From 2.1 to 2.2

Cehotec

Reaction score
When backing up my applications from a 2.1 ROM to a different 2.1 ROM, I have no issues. I enjoy using Astro for a File Explorer and recentlly been using it to backup applications.

Currently I am using 2.1 again. I've made the switch to 2.2, wasn't happy, and went back to 2.1. Im nowing ready to try 2.2 again but I'd like to restore my applications as apposed to letting the market redownload everything.

Can someone suggest an application that will backup my applications on 2.1 and be able to install them on 2.2?

I also use Apps2SD hopefully these applications will stay. If not, no biggie, I only have a few apps on my sd.

Thanks.

indefactorX

Reaction score
Having the same problem with astro, i physically have to go to the APK on my SD card through astros file manager and install them individually, The batch install doesn't function on froyo...
It's possibly something the developer needs to update for use on froyo, but to be honest.. since i got the app i haven't seen them update the software once

I'd be interested to know if there is another application to do this with that works on Froyo

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IIRC what you need to do is install the apps before actually signing into Google. How that works exactly, I don't have a clue but that's what I saw some people discussing last night.

Do a Google Search: Apps Install 2.2 Droid Forum

Maybe you can find it.