Apples new advertising campaign ?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Last edited:

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
Not much detail for me to go on, so i don't know if I've seen it or not without a brief description. A link to a video would help.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Saw the "Mac Knockoff" commercial yesterday on-air. Dumbest commercial they've ever done. I knew things were slipping after Jobs died, but wow. The "Mac vs. PC" commercials were at least well-made if not foolish, and the rest were pretty unified behind the 'sterile, unified' environment of iOS and iDevices, but these new ones are just sad. I can promise a few sheeple are going to come out of their trance when they see these and wonder why they bought into the hype previously.

Bottom line: these are some of the worse commercials I've ever seen for getting customers behind a product. Nothing to draw them in, no real continuity between the series. It's one thing to make a commercial that will keep a brand in your head, but it's another entirely to make something so bad that years from now people will be able to recall how awful and awkward it was. "Apple: apply directly to trash can." --a "Head-On" reference for those who remember that hotness.

This commercial is actually worse than the VZ mother's day commercial with the unintelligible mother and daughter crying the whole time, and that's saying something.

Beka27

Reaction score
I got a chuckle out of them b/c of their play on stupidity, but I can't see them PROMOTING the brand.