Staff member
Reaction score
What about:

Vari-Touch
Quadra-Touch
Buncha-Touch
Multi-Feel
Multi-Poke
Multiple Point of Conant Interactive Display - (MPCID)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about:

Vari-Touch
Quadra-Touch
Buncha-Touch
Multi-Feel
Multi-Poke
Multiple Point of Conant Interactive Display - (MPCID)

You know what, I did some quick research and there are in fact devices that used the term "multi-touch" long before apple, so denying the trademark makes sense now, although I'd still argue that Apple is the one that bought it to the masses.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
how about
all-touch
touch me
sametime touch
touch me there and i'll touch you back :p

on another note then lil' wayne should trademark "bling" LOL

thats all for now class dismissed. :p

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not only was multi-touch in use long before Apple started using it, the name "iPhone" isn't even theirs... they had to buy it from Cisco...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not only was multi-touch in use long before Apple started using it, the name "iPhone" isn't even theirs... they had to buy it from Cisco...

Well that's irrelevant haha...Google purchased "Android" too, and not just the name. Doesn't matter though, Android is Google's and iPhone is Apple's.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well that's irrelevant haha...Google purchased "Android" too, and not just the name. Doesn't matter though, Android is Google's and iPhone is Apple's.

The point was that Apple doesn't "invent" nearly as much as they pretend to. They often buy it, or now they try to sue for it after the fact.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The point was that Apple doesn't "invent" nearly as much as they pretend to. They often buy it, or now they try to sue for it after the fact.

But again this was not a patent suit it was a trademark request and apple wasn't suing anyone for using multi touch. I don't think apple claimed to invent multi touch. Google buys just as much as any other company. All companies do the same.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
But again this was not a patent suit it was a trademark request and apple wasn't suing anyone for using multi touch. I don't think apple claimed to invent multi touch. Google buys just as much as any other company. All companies do the same.

Is Google trying to trade-mark industry terms that they didn't invent?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is Google trying to trade-mark industry terms that they didn't invent?

Now thats a straw man argument if I've ever seen one...that's not what you were talking about in your initial post. Your post was misinformed and you thought, mistakenly, that Apple was saying they invented multi-touch and was seeking a patent for such. Otherwise why would you say "not only was multi-touch in use before iPhone"...?

Now you're changing your argument to say that Google is not trademarking industry terms. Simply pointing out the flaw in your initial argument.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
these threads should all be closed after the first post. I appreciate the news team bringing the news but the posts afterward are always so cynical and predictable.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now thats a straw man argument if I've ever seen one...that's not what you were talking about in your initial post. Your post was misinformed and you thought, mistakenly, that Apple was saying they invented multi-touch and was seeking a patent for such. Otherwise why would you say "not only was multi-touch in use before iPhone"...?

Now you're changing your argument to say that Google is not trademarking industry terms. Simply pointing out the flaw in your initial argument.

No, you are simply defending Apple, which you do in every single thread that mentions them.

Why are they attempting to trade-mark something that they did not invent, and that was in use before they used it?

Stop playing semantics in your attempt to always defend Apple.