Breaking News - In the Case of Apple vs. Samsung: Samsung found Guilty

Jeyman

Reaction score
That's like saying the best car company will fail.. not gonna happen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

The US was in the lead for how long LOL? bailout in the past 5 years... hmmm every car maker int he US took the bailout Id say its fair to say the best did fail in the car companies.

lets not forget that the car companies in the US have failed before. The past 30 years was really the start of a major recovery that never got back to what their past was. The faith that was lost never fully came back even though many such as FORD have made some of the best cars(again)

edit: off topic but ya felt that sorta had to be pointed out seeing as you said the best car company will fail ~_~ they did.

Last edited:

jaybogg

Reaction score
Don't know if this is true or not, pulled it off the tech feed on Schoolfeed App of Facebook. Sure hope it is though...

2:54 PM (edited) - Public I can't make this stuff up I'm sitting in a Starbucks doing random whatever over an iced americano. While I waiting for my drink, I watched a guy with his friend, pick up a newspaper; and start to remark on the Samsung Apple verdict. Guy: "Wait, so what they're saying is, Samsung is the same as Apple?" Friend: "I know, right? Makes me think twice about how much I paid for my Mac Book" Guy: "Seriously" Not 10 minutes later, a husband and wife, same newspaper: Husband: "... Samsung's iPad is the same as Apple's iPad, and I paid how much for the Apple one? Honey, I told you they were a ripoff", after looking up the Samsung tablet on his iPhone. Wife: "Oh wow," looking at the screen, "... that's a lot cheaper. Think we can return it?" I put my Samsung QX410 on my table, and started to plug in, when he leans over to me, "Sorry, you don't mind if I ask, how much did you pay for your Samsung laptop?" "Oh, no worries, it was $700." I replied. I watched shock overcome his face, like actual shock. He looked at me, blankly, for an awkward amount of time, "Mind if I have a look?" he asked. So, I obliged, and showed him a few things. He commented on Windows 7, so I opened up my virtual machine of OS/X... By the time the conversation was over, he was ready to kick Cupertino in the nuts, I think. ... Now, the punchline: I'm writing this post after the FOURTH group of Starbucks patrons have made the connection that Samsung is now the same as Apple. They don't know the details, they don't really care, what they know is Apple is saying that Samsung is the same as Apple ... and with one simple Google Search, you get prices that are basically half for what seems to be the same products -- for nearly everything. Two of these groups (including the husband/wife) asked me about my Samsung laptop, the second group noticed my Galaxy phone (also by Samsung)... Best billion dollar ad-campaign Samsung ever had.

JonNukem

Reaction score
Apple is stupid for biting the hand that feeds them considering Samsung was the only one who can meet Apples standards of making there iPad display!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is true or not, pulled it off the tech feed on Schoolfeed App of Facebook. Sure hope it is though...

2:54 PM (edited) - Public I can't make this stuff up I'm sitting in a Starbucks doing random whatever over an iced americano. While I waiting for my drink, I watched a guy with his friend, pick up a newspaper; and start to remark on the Samsung Apple verdict. Guy: "Wait, so what they're saying is, Samsung is the same as Apple?" Friend: "I know, right? Makes me think twice about how much I paid for my Mac Book" Guy: "Seriously" Not 10 minutes later, a husband and wife, same newspaper: Husband: "... Samsung's iPad is the same as Apple's iPad, and I paid how much for the Apple one? Honey, I told you they were a ripoff", after looking up the Samsung tablet on his iPhone. Wife: "Oh wow," looking at the screen, "... that's a lot cheaper. Think we can return it?" I put my Samsung QX410 on my table, and started to plug in, when he leans over to me, "Sorry, you don't mind if I ask, how much did you pay for your Samsung laptop?" "Oh, no worries, it was $700." I replied. I watched shock overcome his face, like actual shock. He looked at me, blankly, for an awkward amount of time, "Mind if I have a look?" he asked. So, I obliged, and showed him a few things. He commented on Windows 7, so I opened up my virtual machine of OS/X... By the time the conversation was over, he was ready to kick Cupertino in the nuts, I think. ... Now, the punchline: I'm writing this post after the FOURTH group of Starbucks patrons have made the connection that Samsung is now the same as Apple. They don't know the details, they don't really care, what they know is Apple is saying that Samsung is the same as Apple ... and with one simple Google Search, you get prices that are basically half for what seems to be the same products -- for nearly everything. Two of these groups (including the husband/wife) asked me about my Samsung laptop, the second group noticed my Galaxy phone (also by Samsung)... Best billion dollar ad-campaign Samsung ever had.

This is something I didnt think about....and would be really funny if it happens like this. Cuz all ppl will see is Samsung copied Apple. It would be really funny if this actually boosted sales of Samsung Android phones...

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now THAT would be an awesome ad..

"According to the courts, we copied the IPhone...what we didn't copy was the price"

Caesars

Reaction score
I just don't see the validity in design patents. I could see the software things going either way.... But saying Samsung stole the look is like saying every 4 cylinder economy car LOoks the same. Either way it's a crappy blow to companies who improved on apples concepts (such as Samsung), and a good win for apple.
Googorola MAXX

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
kodiak799 said:
Now THAT would be an awesome ad..

"According to the courts, we copied the IPhone...what we didn't copy was the price"

Haha. They would probably boost sells

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

razingkane

Reaction score
I have to wonder about the scrutiny that is bearing down on the US Patent Office. People will start asking how such broad patents can be issued on colour, screen size and layouts. Look at a flat screen Panasonic TV and look at a RCA TV they look identical. Both brands use LED/Plasma/LCD technology, both brands had the same type of HD technology and they connect to the same type of broadcast.

Now if Apple follows through on its goal to ban a total of 26 phones from all the carriers that will raise the monopoly ire and if the US consumers and the government smells monopoly things happen…..That being said Apple wants a monopoly.

Every iPhone sold in has a 3.5” screen. The iPhone 5 is rumored to have a 4.065” screen. IMHO, I don’t see any Android cell phone manufacture sitting still and letting Apple get away with selling an iPhone with a 4.065” screen.

Lastly....and I wish I could find the bloody article I read a couple of days ago that stated people view Microsoft as more trust-worthy than Apple. That's HUGE and Apple knows why...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Lastly....and I wish I could find the bloody article I read a couple of days ago that stated people view Microsoft as more trust-worthy than Apple. That's HUGE and Apple knows why...

I trust MS way more than Apple. Apple is using a system in a way that it was never intended IMO. Unfortunately, the US patent system hasn't been modified to be viable for today's technology. Apple patented ideas that others before thought too obvious to even patent. If Apple succeeds in destroying Android for all practical purposes then the other alternative will be MS phones, as they will grow in market share if Android is essentially gone. What fun it would be to see Apple go after MS if they take over market share. Apple has to be stopped with this nonsense.

big al

Reaction score
Here is a quote from CNN Money:

"A California jury on Friday found Samsung had infringed on the majority of the patents in question -- including software features like double-tap zooming and scrolling --------
If you already own the devices in question, though, don't worry: Even with an injunction, no one can pry the phone out of your hands. But it's possible that your phone could receive a software update that tweaks how it looks and works."

I guess they are saying that Google could eventually be forced to software update existing phones to remove double tap zoom and scrolling.

SO now the 64 dollar question..since we bought a device that was sold as having such features, now if they are disabled are we not allowd to a return of the device if the capabilities are downgraded?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What's even worse than giving a patent for a rectangle is similar design patents for devices that haven't even been created yet. You shouldn't be able to patent an obvious idea without a working prototype.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
What's even worse than giving a patent for a rectangle is similar design patents for devices that haven't even been created yet. You shouldn't be able to patent an obvious idea without a working prototype.

You shouldn't be able to patent an obvious idea. Period.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

silverfang77

Reaction score
Exactly! Imagine if the wheel were patented!

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.