Appdrawer transitions

Anathema

Reaction score
Perhaps I am missing something easy, or it's not even possible, or perhaps I should ask this elsewhere but I was wondering if it's possible to use screen transitions in the appdrawer. I'm currently using ADWex (one of the few paid apps I have) and I love it, but wanted to know if their is a way to do this.

If somebody could help me out, or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated :)

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
i too wonder this.
i also have ADWex :D
i love the screen transitions but the only things that the launcher has for the drawer is to make it classic verticle scroll, horizontal pages, and the "4d" verticle scroll.
i use the horizontal fling btw lol

OP
A

Anathema

Reaction score
OP
A

Anathema

Reaction score
Nobody has any information of this? Or can anybody point me in the right direction? : /

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have no idea what U. R talking about. Ya bang an Icon in AP drawer and the app opens. What more U want?

OP
A

Anathema

Reaction score
I have no idea what U. R talking about. Ya bang an Icon in AP drawer and the app opens. What more U want?

Ok. I will try to explain this the best way I can.

You have you're home screen which has several (off)screens available to flip to. You flip to these by sliding your finger in the direction of the next screen you wish to go to. So if you want to go to the screen directly to the right of your current screen, you slide your finger from the right side of the screen to the left. During that screen change, depending on what transitions you have available, it will change screens in a different manner.

What I am looking for is a way to have these similar transition when changing screens in the app drawer.

So once I open the app drawer I have an initial screen of apps. There are also apps that arent currently displayed on the screen until I move screens within the app drawer by sliding my finger (like you do with your home screens). While doing this, I am trying to have it animated rather than a linear screen shift.

The end result would been transitioning animations between screens inside the appdrawer. Not from the homescreen to appdrawer but once it is already open.

I hope this helps, but it probably just made this more confusing.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I must have no imagination . Sorry, have no clue what U want. Just ignore me.
Sounds like U want a vision of sunrise with music when U move up or down a window. No offernce/!disrespect, just do not comprehend ur desire.

meishkov

Reaction score
I know exactly what you're talking about. That's something that I've been looking for for awhile now. I don't care about the 3d flyin effect for the app drawer, that's been on launcherpro for a long time, but that like 4d looking switch when switching screens.

OP
A

Anathema

Reaction score
I will hold my comment; if U ever get what U want. Make a video of it so I cojprehend.

Those articles that were posted on page 1 have pictures of HOME SCREEN transition animations. One is even a video that shows this. What I want are similar effects to be displayed when navigating through the app drawer.

I really don't see how this is that complicated to understand. (not trying to be rude or arrogant, I really just don't understand).

But it seems like this has not been done before, and has not been explored either.

So I think this can be closed. If I find what I'm looking for, I will be sure to point interested others in the right direction (giving credit along the way of course).

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Ok, I have studied this topic for the past two days. What you want is not available at this time. I have downloaded about 6 launchers none of which have transitions in the app drawer. I did however learn what they are. I thought, if I unpacked the apk for the launcher that has screen transitions, I would be able to isolate the code for the transitions and incorporate that code into the app drawer. Way beyond my ability at this time.

Which launcher are you using?

Here are some links that might be useful to you. The third one is to a developer who may be able to code what you want.

Issue 36 - adw-launcher-android - More Animations for the App Drawer - Drag up & Down - Project Hosting on Google Code

App Store Go Launcher
[UPDATE] Go Launcher 1.20 [Archive] - xda-developers

someone you might ask:
Issue 44 - fission-rom - app drawer transition too slow - Project Hosting on Google Code
[email protected]

Good luck and thanks for the learning lesson.