[App] Chrome Beta

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't see anyone discussing it so I figured I'd bring up the Chrome Beta(browser) that's now in the market.
Please note that this is ONLY FOR ICS ROMs.

Some of the features include:
- Instant Chrome to phone(without browser plugin)
- Advanced tab support
- Precaching Web sites
- Fast web page rendering

Description

The speed and simplicity of Chrome, now on your Android phone and tablet.Browse fast on your Android smartphone or tablet, and bring your personalized Chrome experience with you anywhere you go. Chrome for Android is available, initially in Beta, on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. To check if it is available in your country, please visit:http://goo.gl/6ARvc
Features:
- Browse fast with accelerated page loading, scrolling, and zooming
- Search and navigate directly from the omnibox
- Open and switch between unlimited tabs in an easy-to-view stack
- Sign in to Chrome to sync your bookmarks and view tabs you have open on your computer
- Send pages from desktop Chrome to your smartphone or tablet with one click and read them on the go, even if you’re offline
- Browse privately in Incognito mode

Last edited:

Kenyon1

Reaction score
Chrome pwns any browser

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for ICS on the Rezound so I can use this lol

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for ICS on the Rezound so I can use this lol

I'm running this under CleanROM2.3(DeSensed) and it runs like a dream. Plus grabbing a webpage that was on my laptop and pushing it to my phone is like Sci-Fi come true. Google threw down a serious gauntlet with mobile Chrome.

esheesle

Reaction score
Hoping they release for Gingerbread as well at some point. Suspect we are in for a wait for ICS if we are staying official.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoping they release for Gingerbread as well at some point. Suspect we are in for a wait for ICS if we are staying official.

As much as Google touted ICS as the game changer I have the suspicion that all good things start at 4.0. Remember the fragments code doesn't exist until Android 4

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
So I am on the leaked ICS without rooting and Rom'ing. I'm downloading the chrome browser since i now can, and everyone seems to dig it, aside from the flash player thing.

Do you know much about an app called flashify. Supposedly it lets you easily switch browsers if you come across a page in chrome with flash that you want to view. I don't know how many sites even use flash today, so it may be mostly irrelevant, but i just wondered if anyone has been using this app, and what their thoughts are.

Also are there any other quirks/issues with chrome?

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
There are lots of quirks with Chrome. So many so, that I've switched back to ICS Browser+. The rendering engine is completely different and ditzes out on me a bit too much for my liking in Chrome. I've heard of a few apps that allow you to switch back and forth easily for flash/non flash sites. Personally I'd rather have one browser.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Well I am glad I asked. I don't see the need for two browsers either, but there has been alot of talk about chrome recently, so i was intrigued. I will check out the ICS Browser + from the market. Honestly i have no problems with the stock browser, but i don't want to be missing out on the newest best stuff created. Thanks again for the help.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
What are SID and LSID? Is it safe to give them(ICS Browser +) permission to access these.

scy1192

Reaction score
I like that Chrome to phone thing, but since I don't use Chrome on my PC nor my Android devices, it doesn't really help me.

Still loyal to Opera, and soon there should be extensions available on mobile for that (the Opera Labs implementation is flawless in my experience)