[ROM] [AOSP][4.0.4][CDMA] Gummy 1.2.0 - 5/9/12 [BETA]

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Only tested on cdma. Meant to remove that from the title. Just copied the other Gummy threads I'm maintaining.

Sent from my D2G

dettofatto

Reaction score
Only tested on cdma. Meant to remove that from the title. Just copied the other Gummy threads I'm maintaining.

Sent from my D2G

Ok! Thank you! I'll try it!
the boot animation is very cool.... but it is so babbling...
gsm seems ok! also data!
ok for sms!
camera is mirrored!
great!
Very great rom! Thank you!

Last edited:

beckershoff

Reaction score
Thanks 13th Angel for still putting effort in our old but lovely phone, loved your old clean and stable roms b.t.w.!

Somehow I encounter some trouble with the rom, I constant receive the message "The process rom.phone.android has been stopped". The steps I did were:

1. Install 4.6.8 sbf with rsdlite
2. Root with "DROID 3 easy root script v7"
3. Install Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap v1.0.0.5.apk
4. Wipe data/cache, dalvik cache
5. Install Gummy_venus2-Release-1.0.0
6. Install gapps-ics-20120317-signed

I use b.t.w. a GSM sim and also already did several recoveries for wiping the (dalvik) cache and repairing permissions. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

dettofatto

Reaction score
Put your phone in airplane mode from setting, then *#*#4636#*#* from the dialpad, then phone information, cdma only. Airplane on, and then put gsm in the standard setting menù...

Last edited:

beckershoff

Reaction score
Brilliant dettofatto, that fixed it (but used *#*#4634#*#* instead of your code :happy3:)!

First quick findings:
- Very cool boot animation but a little bit too loud song (woke up my girlfriend while flashing this rom in the middle of the night :))
- GSM voice and data (3G) works!
- Camera (only photo) works out of the box (without the 1st run error that JackpotClavins build is having but with mirrored screen image).
- All menu settings are accessible! (had some trouble with JackpotClavins build like f.e. changing ringtones).
- Really like the Apex launcher, feels much more complete compared to stock launcher found in CM9.
- Looked very stable and fast on first sight. Will stress-test the coming days and report my findings and battery reports here.

You are really an Angel!! Keep on the good work!

claymoses

Reaction score
Thanks 13th Angel for still putting effort in our old but lovely phone, loved your old clean and stable roms b.t.w.!

Somehow I encounter some trouble with the rom, I constant receive the message "The process rom.phone.android has been stopped". The steps I did were:

1. Install 4.6.8 sbf with rsdlite
2. Root with "DROID 3 easy root script v7"
3. Install Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap v1.0.0.5.apk
4. Wipe data/cache, dalvik cache
5. Install Gummy_venus2-Release-1.0.0
6. Install gapps-ics-20120317-signed

I use b.t.w. a GSM sim and also already did several recoveries for wiping the (dalvik) cache and repairing permissions. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Yeah, I switched over from Jackpot's CM9 and got the same errors you did, and could not get back into clockwork. I did the data clear and as directed, but no go. I had to sbf back to 4.8.6 as well and followed the same steps you used. After rooting 4.8.6, it flashed no problem. Been playing with it all day and is awfully close to perfect. It has some cool settings that CM9 does not have.

Was able to go in and delete that blaring boot animation song with the root explorer (comes stock) under system/media/boot animation.mp3 --- DELETE. Almost outed me messing with my phone at work! As advertised, still no hardware acceleration, so no Netflix, etc.

Also, haven't figured out how to keep the onscreen keyboard from appearing. At times it will not even let you use the physical keyboard

I'm running this on a second Pro that I have, so I haven't tried making calls on this. Overall, I don't think that it basically is as usable as the new Gingerbread 4.7.3 update (rooted), but it is usable enough for a daily driver for those that like to be cutting edge.

Great job 13, I do like the ICS flavor. Pretty cool!

Claymoses

JohnGeise

Reaction score
Alright, I hate to be this guy. But I just installed this rom. It works perfect minus the Mms but I use Google voice so that doesn't matter. But for some reason it doesn't notify me of texts. I set the tone, set notifications and vibrate and it doesn't even notify me with the stock messenger app. Any ideas?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Got in about 2.5 hours ago and installed this. The only problem I've had is the onscreen keyboard that won't go away.

Did a clean wipe of data/system/cache/dalvik and installed this over CM9.

Great job.

JohnGeise

Reaction score
Alright, I hate to be this guy. But I just installed this rom. It works perfect minus the Mms but I use Google voice so that doesn't matter. But for some reason it doesn't notify me of texts. I set the tone, set notifications and vibrate and it doesn't even notify me with the stock messenger app. Any ideas?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Do you have background data enabled? I also use GV and haven't had issues on Gummy/CM9

MIUI 2012.4.5

dettofatto

Reaction score
I suggest you to freeze with titanium backup the standard keyboard and install smartkeyboard pro....!
@13th Angel Can I (you) add your rom on xda?