AOKP Jellybean

Reaction score
Maybe it is a recovery issue then. What are you using? I am using TWRP 2.2 and manually wipe everything before flashing.

clockwork touch. often i have to reboot the recovery screen because it messes up too. how do i switch to twrp 2.2? thanks

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
clockwork touch. often i have to reboot the recovery screen because it messes up too. how do i switch to twrp 2.2? thanks

There are 3 options:

- Install it via fastboot as you probably did with your current recovery.
- There is an update.zip for TWRP which you can just flash in your current recovery.
- If you can get into Android, GooManager can take care of it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There has been word about CWM Touch causing issues with JB ROM. I recently went back to CWM touch and haven't had a problem since putting the JB bootloader on it. I can personally vouch for troubles with CWM Touch, but once I loaded up the JB bootloader all has been fine so far. It's hung on the Google screen once for maybe 3 minutes, but that's it.

Also, instead boot into recovery and then reboot the system from there. From what I heard this fixes some of the issues. If you're still stuck at the Google screen for more than 10 minutes, then clear the cache and then reboot the system from cwm touch.

Also, when switching ROMs did you make sure to clear everything and use superwipe?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

I used the update.zip method that cupfulloflol mentioned. Found it on RW I believe.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
i downloaded goomanager beta off the market just now. is that the right one?

I think you can download TWRP from there. I downloaded it straight from RootzWiki though.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

Reaction score
ok i got twr from that app-much better recovery program than touch clockwork! the bad news-jb rom will still not load lol

it's stuck on the google lock screen. i flashed jb bootloader, then aokp jb, then jb gapps, then ink jb kernel...

Reaction score
about to pull the battery and reboot recovery and go back to ics sourcery again :icon_eek:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I can't imagine what's happening. Maybe try downloading the files again and make sure you format everything, including system.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

Reaction score
I can't imagine what's happening. Maybe try downloading the files again and make sure you format everything, including system.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

which jb rom do you use-the bugless beast or the new aokp jb one like me?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So far I have flashed several versions of jelly belly, antimyth, and cm10. About to try aokp so I will report back.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Update. Just flashed aokp preview build 4 successfully.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Went into recovery, then Wipe.
Did factory reset.
Then wiped system.
Selected install, then the ROM and GAPPS.
Reboot system.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
ok i got twr from that app-much better recovery program than touch clockwork! the bad news-jb rom will still not load lol

it's stuck on the google lock screen. i flashed jb bootloader, then aokp jb, then jb gapps, then ink jb kernel...

Try it without the kernel.

Do the wipes (system, data, cache, dalvik), flash ROM, flash Gapps. Reboot into ROM. See if she boots up that way.

*Edit* You don't need to flash the JB Bootloader every time either. Once is sufficient, it won't go away until you change it.

Last edited: