stuck on bootloader

Reaction score
I'm rooted and unlocked..I was running aokp milestone 6..than recently installed aokp jellybean build 4..I wanted to switch back to aokp milestone 6..I wiped data, wiped cache and wiped dalvik..and than installed aokp M5..and its stuck..I tried everything but now its really starting to get frustrating..Please help!!!...thanks in advance..and yeah I have Gnex

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I'm rooted and unlocked..I was running aokp milestone 6..than recently installed aokp jellybean build 4..I wanted to switch back to aokp milestone 6..I wiped data, wiped cache and wiped dalvik..and than installed aokp M5..and its stuck..I tried everything but now its really starting to get frustrating..Please help!!!...thanks in advance..and yeah I have Gnex

I have lots of questions.

First, when you say stuck on bootloader, what do you mean? Can you not get out of the bootloader menu? Can't get into recovery? How about Odin mode (download)?

When you say, I tried everything, what does that mean exactly? What have you tried exactly? Have you tried reinstalling the ROM? Have you tried flashing a different ROM? Can you restore a backup? Have you tried flashing back to stock, and starting over? .....tons of different things to try, but without more information on what you have tried it is hard to help.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I can get into recovery and odin mode..I tried reinstalling other ROMS and I get stuck on the bootloader..I started having problems after I flashed aokp jb build 4..than I tried going back to aokp milestone 6..I don't really have access to a computer..I need to get this phone fixed cuz I need pictures that I have on the phone..once I get the pics I will use wugs root toolkit and flash and lock the phone back to stock and go to verizon for a

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I even wipe data..wipe cache..wipe dalvik..and I keep getting stuck in bootlooader..the phone shows the bootlogo..than goes to the "google" logo and shows the

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a tad confused myself. Stuck on the bootloader? You mean when you boot it up, it freezes and takes you into fastboot mode? Or are you just getting "stuck" on the Google logo? Note that sometimes JB has a long boot time due to a file system check. Give it a few minutes if its simply stuck on the logo.

Also, if you plan to go back to stock anyway, why not simply fastboot TWRP recovery and then adb pull what you need from your SD card? I know you said you don't have computer access, but running Wug's requires a computer as well...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I can get into odin mode and fastboot amd into recovery mode..now it doesn't matter what ROM I try and flash..and YES the phone freezes and and gets stuck on the where it shows "google" and the unlocked lock icon at the bottom..than it shows the

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Shows the google thing again..no matter what I do I keep getting stuck in the same place..please help..I can't take this. Phone to verizon and have them send me another one and get charged full price for a replacement..ap

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
My advice is simply to return to stock. Just fastboot the stock images either manually or through Wug's kit. If you can get access to a computer earlier than that, I can save your photos.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Ok I'm I have access to a computer right now..it doesn't have internet but it has Wugs root tool kit 1.3 installed..and my phone is in fastboot mode as we speak..I plug in my phone to the laptop via usb and it says that there's a malfunction with the device..and it doesn't read that the phone is plugged in..what else can I do

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Ok so I'm downloading the recent version of wugs root tool kit..now once I have that set up..what should I do with my phone? Put it in fast boot?

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I can't get my phone to USB enable debugging on my phone..so how can I flash it back to stock?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get my phone to USB enable debugging on my phone..so how can I flash it back to stock?

You can't...it's important when flashing ROMs to make sure you leave debugging on. Are you sure your debugging is off? Does it not show up with the command "fastboot devices"?

**Does ODIN require debugging being enabled? If not, you could try that, but I'm pretty sure you might be SOL. Try booting your phone up normally and leave it alone for 20 minutes. If it still hasn't advanced past the Google logo then there's not really much you can do at this point.**

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I had debugging on before..but when I tried to flash a rom and I wipe.data and everything like that all the settings.go.back to normal..damnnn so what can I do..so now my phone is garbage? I just.have to report it lost and get a replacement phone? this sucks

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
yeah my phone shows up in fastboot devices..it shows the serial #..problem now is when I click on flash stock and unroot on wigs tool kit

it says I have to Download a factory image

so I automatically download it and when it gets to 28% is stops..says complete..and mismatch
.download manually..

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah my phone shows up in fastboot devices..it shows the serial #..problem now is when I click on flash stock and unroot on wigs tool kit

it says I have to Download a factory image

so I automatically download it and when it gets to 28% is stops..says complete..and mismatch
.download manually..

Well that's good. That means your debugging is, in fact, ON. Which is good. Where are you trying to download the factory img from? Might I suggest here if you haven't already tried it?

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-jro03o-factory-f17426e6.tgz