AOKP officially Releases Their Kit Kat build for Several Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AOKP-KitKat-e1388026617361.png

AOKP is back! A few weeks ago AOKP founder "Roman" hinted at upcoming builds when he tweeted that he was excited about AOKP again. Many have been looking forward to Kit Kat builds by this team and they are here for several devices. The list of supported devices for this first batch of releases includes mostly modern devices released in 2012/2013. The list includes Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3 (Verizon, ATT, T-Mo, USC), Galaxy S4 (Verizon, Sprint, T-mo and USC), Galaxy Note 2 (ATT, T-Mo, LTE international), HTC One (ATT, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mo, International), Xperia Z/ZL, Xperia T, and Xperia V. It should be noted that it is highly encouraged by Team Kang to wipe data when installing this rom. It is a MUST if coming from any Jelly Bean builds. You will need an unlocked bootloader, custom recovery, and root to install this rom. You can head to the source link below for more information and download links.

Via Rootzwiki

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Rootzwiki link leads to Google Play Store.

Thanks for posting, been debating throwing a ROM on my stock rooted s4 the past couple days. AOKP Kitkat sounds like the perfect remedy.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up link fixed

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will throw it on my S3 and will let you guys know how it runs, it is of course the first build so I am not expecting it to be completely stable.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Flashed it on my s4 last night and went to bed about 1am. Woke up this morning and the phone was dead and battery showed only 4.5hrs of use. Can't afford to test it this weekend as I need a phone that'll make it most of the day so will be flashing back to stock root.

Not sure what drained it that quickly even with mobile data off. Gsam didn't reveal much either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just flashed it, runs real smooth, and yes I did notice the battery burns up a bit faster than 4.3, but that is to be expected with the first nightly build. The guys are doing a great job of feeding us the latest and greatest of android.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I encountered one major issue, well for me that is, and that is my bluetooth does not connect. That being said, it is still the first build, it should get better with time.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's pretty big issue for a lot of people now that most cars are bluetooth enabled.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I sort of fixed the bluetooth issue, once you turn on your bluetooth, you must remove it from the phones bluetooth settings in the phone, then have the phone search again for a bluetooth device, once it finds it just connect it. This is not the ideal way to go about it, hopefully this will be fixed with the next build.