AOKP install HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
yeah 1.7 is almost done but with 1.6 unroot option, it says "the system cannot find path specified" and i get that a lot honestly. it says to have connected of course and it says to have screen unlocked and accept superuser prompts but it just fails over and over again. i did get safestrap uninstalled tho so 1 step closer. does the phone need to be in mass storage or charge only or does it matter. yes debugging is checked! thanks again for the dedicated help

leftspin

Reaction score
Not a problem, and no need to apologize for anything :) I believe to unroot you'll need to be in charge only with USB Debugging checked.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
ok 1.7 is done but there isnt an unroot option on it..... 1.6 still says cant find path identified over and over....

leftspin

Reaction score
ok 1.7 is done but there isnt an unroot option on it..... 1.6 still says cant find path identified over and over....

Make sure you're fully extracting the 1.6 utility to the root of the C:\ drive, I think it's having trouble finding the files it needs to unroot.

Just to be clear though, you are on rooted .181 with safestrap installed, correct?

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
yes but i already uninstalled safestrap and removed the app. im on the stock rooted 181 tho.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
ok so i took your advice and deleted the 1.6 and re-unziped it to the desktop, put in charge only and it worked and rebooted so it is unrooted now. superuser is gone. so i just update, root, install safestrap 2.0, and flash rom if i decide to? does stock ics have all the cool things like toggles in the not drop down and all the blue settings and stuff? im gonna go ahead and try the update again. ill letcha know. thanks

leftspin

Reaction score
yes but i already uninstalled safestrap and removed the app. im on the stock rooted 181 tho.

Okay, I thought so.

In that cause what I said before still stands, make sure you're extracting the entire 1.6 utility to the root of the C:\ drive. All of the files need to be there, not just the utility itself. If you aren't sure if it's all there or not the best way to go is probably to download it again and extract it all there, deleting the old files first.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
ok on stock 181 unrooted and the update still fails????? do i go to verizon?

leftspin

Reaction score
What exactly happens when it fails? You take the OTA and it downloads all the way and fails during the installation? If that's the case you may want to try a factory reset before installing the update

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
ok ill try that. it downloads and the verifys and reboots. then it shows a folder android thing and then sort of boots again back to the regular 2.3.6 homescreen where it says update failed.

leftspin

Reaction score
ok ill try that. it downloads and the verifys and reboots. then it shows a folder android thing and then sort of boots again back to the regular 2.3.6 homescreen where it says update failed.

While it's on the screen with the Android 'folder thing' hit both volume buttons at the same time so yellow text comes up, it'll tell you what it's failing on.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You may have to fastboot back to .181, then install the update.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Ok. Ill check whats failing. On the fast boot thing. It says to hold volume buttons and press power on. I get the fast boot menu and volume down to ap fastboot where i hit volume u to select. From there the utility doesnt work and u cant do anything from the ap fastboot menu except power off with the power button. Im trying!! Almost there

leftspin

Reaction score
Ok. Ill check whats failing. On the fast boot thing. It says to hold volume buttons and press power on. I get the fast boot menu and volume down to ap fastboot where i hit volume u to select. From there the utility doesnt work and u cant do anything from the ap fastboot menu except power off with the power button. Im trying!! Almost there

So the utility doesn't recognize the phone when it's in fastboot mode? Do you have all the right drivers installed?

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
As far as i know i have the latest mot drivers and all. 5.0.4 i think. I had 5.0.5 but they didn't work so i deleted them and just got the afore mentioned ones.