Is BOOT MENU MANAGER a CUSTOM RECOVER?

DroidX_46

Reaction score
I have a ROOTED Droid RAZR running v4.0.4 and I want to set-up a custom recovery with SAFESTRAP, however when I REBOOT the phone BOOT MENU MANAGER pops up. Is this a "custom recovery"? If it is, I know that installing SAFESTRAP could cause problems. How do I un-install BOOT MENU MANAGER so that I can INSTALL "SAFESTRAP"?
Thank you for the help!
-DroidX_46

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have a ROOTED Droid RAZR running v4.0.4 and I want to set-up a custom recovery with SAFESTRAP, however when I REBOOT the phone BOOT MENU MANAGER pops up. Is this a "custom recovery"? If it is, I know that installing SAFESTRAP could cause problems. How do I un-install BOOT MENU MANAGER so that I can INSTALL "SAFESTRAP"?
Thank you for the help!
-DroidX_46
To answer your first question, yes it is a custom recovery of sorts in that it has CWM based recovery built in. I have never used Boot Menu Manager, but if you want to use SafeStrap as your custom recovery and how you flash ROMs (which is a good idea) then I would recommend that you do a factory reset or restore back to stock 4.0.4. I think the restore option is the best. That might sound extreme and a PITA, but simply going into apps on your settings and pressing uninstall may leave some unwanted files behind that will cause a bootloop. Does Boot Menu Manager have a resident (built in) uninstall option?

OP
DroidX_46

DroidX_46

Reaction score
yes it does have a built in uninstall option that is supposed to completely remove all files