anyone worried cnet and other reviews saying nexus is a cheap phone woth ics

mdsniper7

Reaction score
reviews keep saying this phone the nexus is only good cause of ics but the phone it self is cheap and fragile. it worrys me cause i love my og Droid cause its durable makes me wonder if the razr is the better option

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Looks pretty good build quality to me, especially since it's Samsung. Most Samsung phones I've had my hands on were very plastic-y and felt cheap. From what I've heard this device is premium for a Samsung device.

OP
M

mdsniper7

Reaction score
i hope

i hope so otherwise i waited for nothing but it looks like the same design as the charge ands thats a pos

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i hope so otherwise i waited for nothing but it looks like the same design as the charge ands thats a pos
Wouldn't say you waited for nothing...

Just means you don't want it and you can mull over some other options ahead of time, such as the Razr which has the best build quality out right now imo. I mean it has kevlar on it for cryin out loud

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I'm not sure about the Razr being the best build quality. The Kevlar is paper thin and it's only there as a selling point basically. :blink: In drop tests the Nexus actually survived better. I do agree though that the Razr is of extremely high build quality probably the best on paper but in the real world I'm not sure. The screen shattered when dropped from a short distance, they dropped the Nexus down stairs and it survived gallantly!!! :biggrin: Right now, I am definitely leaning toward the Nexus but if anything disappoints on it, I think I'll wait, I'm not really liking any phones on the market as of now... I'm patient!:icon_ lala: