Anyone willing to provide a fresh JB nandroid backup file?

DmdStar

Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread, I totally broke my phone after upgrading by restoring something I apparently shouldn't have from Titanium Backup. No amount of factory resets or reinstalls of the JB zip resolved the issue, thus it must be something in system causing the problem.

To resolve this, I would like to try restoring a nandroid backup to the stock rom slot via Safestrap 3.11. Would anyone be willing to provide a backup file for fresh install of stock 4.1.2?

Thanks!

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Honestly, you're better off SBFing to the stock ICS build and then applying the JB OTA patch to it. That will be like you just got your phone from Verizon, and then got the JB OTA patch while leaving the store.

(Holy cow we use a lot of acronyms around here)

Edit: Didn't realize you had already made the JB jump. Terribly sorry. Disregard my above advice. :(

Last edited:
OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
I was wondering about that, but was afraid of bricking the phone after sbf. Will recovery still be working after sbf to ics after jb is already installed?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
He will brick his phone if he does that. He is already on JB as one of the soak testers and he didn't like something so he restored some apps from titanium and all hell broke loose. If he tries to downgrade to ICS then he will need a new phone.

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
Gess that answers that... so back to nandroid. :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

GigaJake

Reaction score
I just provided a nandroid for safestrap. It's only restorable in safestrap.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

GigaJake

Reaction score
Nope. Just a safestrap backup excluding my own data.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
On xda someone was having fastboot failures so someone provided the system image and fastboot still failed. This doesn't have any bearing on whether flashing the nandroid will work, but assuming it doesn't work, flashing the system image doesn't seem to work either.

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
Thanks, GigaJake! You rock. Here's hopin'... I'll update with results. Kinda scared to do it now that I can. LOL...

I suppose I could back up my current stock and restore to slot 2, and restore your file over that one... that would tell me if it breaks it or not, I suppose. :)

Last edited:
OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
Oh my... that was apparently a baaaaaaad idea. As a test, your backup restored to slot2; and it worked perfectly. All errors disappeared.

When I restored to stock slot, it rendered the device unbootable. It makes the *droid* sound, and screen lights up, but no logo, and nothing appears on the screen.

I can still get into safestrap, so switched back to a working ROM slot. I'm wondering if it might be possible for someone to whip up a completely stock (non deodexed) ROM zip that I could try to flash to the stock slot...? Don't know if it would be any different, but thought it might be worth a shot.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Gonna check the obvious, did you wipe data and cache on the stock slot? Don't know why a rom slot would work better than the stock slot.