Anyone willing to provide a fresh JB nandroid backup file?

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
LOL... yeah, wiped data & cache on stock slot, restored the backup file twice.

Yeah, I had the same thought. No idea why it would work perfectly on slot2, but not on the stock slot. I was very excited when slot2 worked. Thinking maybe I'll take a backup of the working slot2 and try to restore that to stock... not sure what it could hurt at this point. :blink:

GigaJake

Reaction score
I guess. Just keep something working so your phone is still functional until the jb sbf files drop.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
Yeah, that appears to be the only hope. I tried restoring the *working* slot2 to the stock slot, wiped cache & data, and that is no go as well. Just blackness after the safestrap screen.

I'm wondering if I remove safestrap and try to reapply the update if that would spark some life into it, but considering that if it doesn't work, I'll most certainly have a brick, am not in a big hurry to do that. :)

I'm ok running on another slot in safestrap... it's what I normally do anyway. But is annoying to know that my phone is completely shot otherwise.

Sure hope fastboot files show up before I decide its time to sell this thing. :frown:

Thanks for your help and advice though.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
the nandroid is a large file, did you download 349mb?
would not having user data, like safestrap app, cause a problem?
safestrap may not be, completely compatible with this jellybean version

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
the nandroid is a large file, did you download 349mb?
would not having user data, like safestrap app, cause a problem?
safestrap may not be, completely compatible with this jellybean version

Yup... as mentioned, it restored perfectly to slot2, so user data not an issue. Perhaps there's something weird about JB kernel that makes nandroid restore bomb on stock slot for some reason?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

locomotive96

Reaction score
I guess. Just keep something working so your phone is still functional until the jb sbf files drop.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
Forgive me for not knowing; but how long did they take to drop for ICS?

OP
D

DmdStar

Reaction score
Forgive me for not knowing; but how long did they take to drop for ICS?

ICS fastboots were actually pretty quick. I think we had them within a month of OTA pushout, if not only a week or two. I remember it was a shocker how quick it was.