JB to ICS now bricked

Wprice3523

Reaction score
Hey guys after installing the official JB OTA from Verizon I was getting a couple of errors after restoring apps with Titanium Backup so I decided to wipe and reinstall using Matt's 1.90 utility...I didn't read the instructions carefully enough (or at all apparently) and did not have the files transferred onto my SD card when I needed them. I then decided it was a good idea to reinstall ICS using Matt's 1.82 in order to access my SD card to put the proper JB files on it. I figured it was no biggie I could just put the SD card into my PC and put the JB file from 1.90 on it, fastboot the ICS_to_Leak install and then use the JB file in recovery but no dice.

When I try to install the Preparing Leak_to_JB now using 1.90 i get this:

--Install /sd card--
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build/prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/XT912_verizon/cdma_spyder:4.1.2/9.8.20-72_VZW-8/26:user/release-keys" 11 file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/XT912_verizon/cdma_spyder:4.1.2/9.8.20-72_VZW-16/58:use/release-keys"

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas on how to restore my little buddy to working order?

OP
W

Wprice3523

Reaction score
Battery started to die while I was fastbooting Matt's 1.82 and will now only boot into fastboot mode. I plugged it into the wall to charge. I found this thread while i've waited:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ricked-after-reverting-jelly-bean-update.html

This APPEARS to be the fix i'm looking for but I'm going to wait an hour or two for the phone to charge before I try anything else. And that's considering Matt's 1.82 will reinstall correctly. Fingers crossed!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Battery started to die while I was fastbooting Matt's 1.82 and will now only boot into fastboot mode. I plugged it into the wall to charge. I found this thread while i've waited:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ricked-after-reverting-jelly-bean-update.html

This APPEARS to be the fix i'm looking for but I'm going to wait an hour or two for the phone to charge before I try anything else. And that's considering Matt's 1.82 will reinstall correctly. Fingers crossed!
After you get your phone charged back up why don't you just use Matt's utility and restore to .211 and then check for updates to get the OTA update to JB?