Anyone want to try porting Avalon to miui

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Was just checking out the Avalon theme and saw that it was in open beta and was wondering if anyone wanted to give porting it to miui a shot.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

ggtus

Reaction score
I do believe in the wip thread bmx24 stated they would be porting it in the future

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it would be better to wait for the team to either give you (or someone else) permission to port it, or port it themselves. It is their work. They should have the choice of what roms they want it on. I mean, porting without permission never goes very well...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Logan3824

Reaction score
I think it would be better to wait for the team to either give you (or someone else) permission to port it, or port it themselves. It is their work. They should have the choice of what roms they want it on. I mean, porting without permission never goes very well...

Yeah but who knows how long that could take :x, anyone know of any tutorials on how to port themes? I will do some research and try it out!

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i agree you need permission from there team,it helps if you know what xml edits where made to it, i bet there are tons of xml edits involved, it is not your everyday theme its more then just modded pngs. if they shared some info and gave me permission id love to port it to miui,lol but not untill i personaly get approved.

OP
fox_dye

fox_dye

Reaction score
I would just assume whoever took to porting it would get permission because they are the one that would need to cooperate with them to get the files and what not. If I got permission what good would it do since I'm not porting it?

OP
fox_dye

fox_dye

Reaction score
i agree you need permission from there team,it helps if you know what xml edits where made to it, i bet there are tons of xml edits involved, it is not your everyday theme its more then just modded pngs. if they shared some info and gave me permission id love to port it to miui,lol but not untill i personaly get approved.

I hoped either you or davros would chime in on this cause I just tried your inspired port. Didn't last too long though I had a lot of trouble reading the text in it with the white backgrounds and teal text. Great work though.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

I hoped either you or davros would chime in on this cause I just tried your inspired port. Didn't last too long though I had a lot of trouble reading the text in it with the white backgrounds and teal text. Great work though.

i have the teal text on white background fixed,im uploading it now,lol try it again if you like,i just changed it black on white for now.

ASN-121

Reaction score

Not to stir the pot, nor discredit anyone's hard work on any rom/theme/app, but this negates the whole point of open source... If they aren't charging anything for their product/service, then anyone in the open source community should be free to use said product/service for whatever and however they like. That's the beauty and fundamentals of open source.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not to stir the pot, nor discredit anyone's hard work on any rom/theme/app, but this negates the whole point of open source... If they aren't charging anything for their product/service, then anyone in the open source community should be free to use said product/service for whatever and however they like. That's the beauty and fundamentals of open source.

Idc if it goes against open source or not. It's called not being a douche and asking the person who spent hours if not days on something for you to use. I hate it when people throw the open source tag around like this, as it is just an excuse to do something morally wrong.

ohshaith55

Reaction score

Idc if it goes against open source or not. It's called not being a douche and asking the person who spent hours if not days on something for you to use. I hate it when people throw the open source tag around like this, as it is just an excuse to do something morally wrong.

i agree with tanknspank cuz he is hawt

bmx24

Reaction score
dang people give them a break they just reliced the open beata and now u r expecting ports just like that the them is new and not done yet let them get to a final before u start asking for ports

Status
Not open for further replies.