Anyone use "hey wire" for texting?

kfmac

Reaction score
Hi all- I could use some help if any one has the info for me. I just got my Bionic, and deactivated my original Droid (which I LOVED). I want my kids to be able to use the Droid (without phone) at home on the house network and in other wi-fi spots. Kind of a test run to see if they can handle a phone (ages 8 and 10). I'd like for them to be able to text, but obviously I'm not on the Verizon network with the Droid. Has anyone used Hey Wire? I downloaded it to the Droid from the Market and was able to get a free "phone number". I can text TO it from my Bionic (I guess it uses one of my text allowance) but I sent one to my Bionic and never recieved it. I guess I can put the app only Bionic and my husband's Droid, but I don't want it to mess with my regular messaging.
Anyone know anything about this app?

Reaction score
I used it for a while when my service was cut off. It works just like regular texting and while it uses the internet to send, the person receiving gets charged according to their plan. If you have unlimited texting you shouldn't have to think about it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
K

kfmac

Reaction score
Can you think of why I haven't recieved the test texts I sent from the Droid to the Bionic? Do you remember there being a big delay? It's been about 30 minutes...

Reaction score
Is the Wi-Fi connected? there should be no delay, you should have got it within seconds.

OP
K

kfmac

Reaction score
I thought I would get it right away, but nothing yet. I even sent two more test texts and nothing. The Droid is on th wi-fi and the Bionic is on the 4G. I guesss I could just install on the Bionic but I don't want to mess anything up. this Bionic is my new baby!

Reaction score
You could install it on your bionic, it wouldn't do any harm. To see if that'll work.