Wi Fi for my iPad

TBOLT132

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can get wi fi access to my iPad in the car? I thought Easy tether would do it but it seems like it has to be plugged into my computer. I know hot spot will work but I'm not paying an extra $30 month. Is there a way to root just to get hot spot
Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ray985

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can get wi fi access to my iPad in the car? I thought Easy tether would do it but it seems like it has to be plugged into my computer. I know hot spot will work but I'm not paying an extra $30 month. Is there a way to root just to get hot spot
Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I looked into rooting to enable wi-fi hotspot so I could tether to my iPad, but the solutions that are on the forum now seem a little too technical and still not 100% foolproof so I haven't gone through with them yet. You can however tether using Bluetooth. Just turn on the blue tooth on both devices and pair them and you're all set. One caveat is that you have to be on 3G in order for it to work. It wasn't a big deal for me, because it was just a one time thing for a long road-trip for me, so I just put my phone in 3G only mode. If you're going to be doing it a lot or want 4G speed, then check out the hacking section for how to enable wifi tether.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
You should be able to root it and download one of the apps which allow for tethering (I did this on my Original Droid but haven't done it on my Bionic yet.). There's also a hack for the Hotspot available (I don't have the link for that handy but it's easy to find). It supposedly works well enough but I've not tried that either.

I have heard Verizon has been shutting down accounts when people were doing this but I'm not sure how much of that has gone on or if it's just something which got started online somewhere. It's something you need to be aware of though.