Anyone unsatisfied with the D3

PJ_ED

Reaction score
You shouldn't need the box. I have returned several phones without a box. Usually they give you a new phone without the battery or battery cover. You keep your old ones. Same goes for the charger. I say this but I have always ended up with refurbished phones, except when I returned my d1 to Costco. They just wanted ALL of the hardware back. No box needed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Big D

Reaction score
I talked to verizon today and they said that if I wanted a replacement, I would have to send it to them, they would look at it and determine if it was a legitimate problem and THEN send a new one.

I would be without a phone for 3-4 days by their estimation.

Customer service sucks these days. They send you a bull phone and then make YOU jump through the hoops. Then they make you feel lucky to even get that.

I'm pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Don't do it through cs, just do it instore.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

glenn

Reaction score
no hate here at all.

2 days with this phone and it's passion!

Genius ! Like someone stated on this group yesterday, "the keyboard was designed by GOD!" I totally agree.

Moto also fixed the camera. It's awesome in low light.

Totally impressed and obsessed I am!

Big D

Reaction score
I got it online. Customer service says that"s the only way.

Should I just take it in to a store?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I ordered my d2g. I still got it replaced in store...don't listen to the crap cs feeds you. Here's a little quickfix I used on my D1 slider though...put a small (non-damaging amount, common sense) of water on the area on the back of the screen that is revealed when you slide the phone open. Slide it closed, wait for it to dry. My D1's slider isn't so loose now as a result, sometimes becoming tough to open. Do it at your own risk though...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

TDevilsG

Reaction score
I've been pretty pleased with the D3 myself. It feels like old times again with the OG, except the things that needed to be improved have been in a great fashion. If I had to nitpick, I would have liked a slightly different message layout as it looks pretty bland. I think Moto Blur is possibly slowing down the phone, as I've switched to Launcher Pro off the market and it's been working very well. I will probably purchase the upgraded version for the contact widget feature. Since I've only had the phone for 2.5 days now, I won't really comment on the battery life - although with the extended battery I am currently at the 70% mark with moderate use for five hours. Not bad I suppose, but I need this phone to last me until late in the night before the next charge. Another nitpick is the lack of a 4G function, but of course we all knew that going into the purchase. But it would have been nice regardless. I suppose the battery being saved is worth it though.

Other than that, the phone is great.

PJ_ED

Reaction score
I got it online. Customer service says that"s the only way.

Should I just take it in to a store?

I bought my D1 from Costco but still took it to the VZ store for warranty replacement with no problems. Had a new (refurb) one shipped to me overnight for no charge. The overnight shipping was only because they don't stock the D1's anymore. I would try the in store option. Can't hurt, other than your time.

Reaction score
I talked to verizon today and they said that if I wanted a replacement, I would have to send it to them, they would look at it and determine if it was a legitimate problem and THEN send a new one.

I would be without a phone for 3-4 days by their estimation.

Customer service sucks these days. They send you a bulls+it phone and then make YOU jump through the hoops. Then they make you feel lucky to even get that.

I'm pissed.

That doesn't even make sense. You are exchanging the phone within the return period, not having it repaired. You have every right to return it without question for a new one.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I went to a verizon store yesterday cuz my phone wasn't vibrating. I ordered it online but they gladly swapped phones at the store

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Ragnell

Reaction score
I went to a verizon store yesterday cuz my phone wasn't vibrating. I ordered it online but they gladly swapped phones at the store

I got bulled when I when to the vzn store and they told me I wouldn't replace my phone unless they can re-create the problem, which kinda hard to re-create a phone to overheat, all she did was factory reset,my phone, I was livid since I got the phone how I wanted, and she didn't even attempt to mess with the phone

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

tonydelite

Reaction score
Totally love this phone. I thought I would hate blur, but I actually like all the features it adds. I came from an OG Droid.

phunk

Reaction score
Genius ! Like someone stated on this group yesterday, "the keyboard was designed by GOD!" I totally agree.

I have to disagree. God would have put shift and alt keys on the right side of the keyboard also. Did the designers never try typing 'A' or '!' on this? Maybe they all just have longer thumbs than me. :)

That's my only real complaint so far. Loving just about everything else about it.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

I got bulled when I when to the vzn store and they told me I wouldn't replace my phone unless they can re-create the problem, which kinda hard to re-create a phone to overheat, all she did was factory reset,my phone, I was livid since I got the phone how I wanted, and she didn't even attempt to mess with the phone

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

They tried that on me cuz I use google voice not stock sms...they said it was google voice causing it I said no it worked fine on droid 2 and sure enough I told him to try the phone on just vibrate mode and it didn't vibrate :)

Big D

Reaction score
I said "screw it" and went into the Verizon store today. Just handed them the phone and told them the problem and they went in the back, came out with a new one, programmed it and handed it to me. Took 15 minutes total.

The phone not only slides much tighter but it runs way smoother. I think they originally sent me a demo or something (knowing full well that there aren't demos yet).

It was the easiest time I've ever had @ Verizon. Totally pumped.

Thanks all. Love the phone.