Anyone still on OG VZW Unlimited Data?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Nope, the original unlimited plan is no longer like that, we are just paying for it now. All 3 lines still on the unlimited with talk and text w 1400 minutes family share plan.

Still have the $20.00 per line discount too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
So what you're saying is that Verizon completely backtracked on years of trying to force people off unlimited data? And now anyone with an old unlimited data plan can just go get a new phone at a discounted price and not lose their original plan?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can't speak for every offer, but my son has an iPhone 7plus 128 G that I'm only paying half price for.

Some of their offers are only good on new lines, etc. I have been watching for a good deal on an S8 plus for my wife but I haven't seen one yet. As far as paying full price out of pocket, as I use to do, doesn't make sense. On my son's phone for instance, as long as he keeps the phone we save. Now if he wants to get a new phone, you pay off the balance of the original purchase price.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that Verizon completely backtracked on years of trying to force people off unlimited data? And now anyone with an old unlimited data plan can just go get a new phone at a discounted price and not lose their original plan?

I'm interested to hear the answer, because what I read was it was a BB sales promotion and something different than discounted contract. Maybe just like the old NE2, but more of a special than an ongoing program.

Otherwise, with VZW bending toward unlimited data and having hiked most of us to $50 a month for data, I don't think they are obsessed with moving people any more.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Well the BB deal is over now, but if what CTD is saying is true, I'm going to start keeping my eye out for Pixel 2 deals

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well the BB deal is over now, but if what CTD is saying is true, I'm going to start keeping my eye out for Pixel 2 deals

BB has $300 off the S8+ on the payment plan. Difference here, after 30 days you can pay it off or continue making the $22 per month payment. The $300 is a deposit paid by BB bringing the financed amount down.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
BB has $300 off the S8+ on the payment plan. Difference here, after 30 days you can pay it off or continue making the $22 per month payment. The $300 is a deposit paid by BB bringing the financed amount down.

I think I'm holding out for the pixel 2.

So when BB runs these deals, they are doing all the financing themselves? So it doesn't have to be tied to a plan? A Verizon CSR told me a cannot transfer my extended warranty and insurance unless I buy from Verizon, so that might be an issue too.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The payment for the device is added to your Verizon bill, but BB has their own insurance billed separately. I have bought a number of phones that still had insurance (Asurion) paid through my Verizon account. Not sure about transferring, if the person you give/sell the phone to has insurance, chances are it will continue. IDK

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
The payment for the device is added to your Verizon bill, but BB has their own insurance billed separately. I have bought a number of phones that still had insurance (Asurion) paid through my Verizon account. Not sure about transferring, if the person you give/sell the phone to has insurance, chances are it will continue. IDK

Verizon said if it was on their payment plan (bill), it would require a newer plan. I just don't understand! Ugh!

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Verizon said if it was on their payment plan (bill), it would require a newer plan. I just don't understand! Ugh!

I've learned one thing, never believe a Verizon CSR.
818673068a2740f5e0b74da26ed6fc01.jpg
debf1b007e4f231f696001f84bb8b5d3.jpg

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
I've learned one thing, never believe a Verizon CSR.
818673068a2740f5e0b74da26ed6fc01.jpg
debf1b007e4f231f696001f84bb8b5d3.jpg

I'm also so paranoid about a BB employee messing it up, either by accident or because he's greedy. I don't suppose to live near Baltimore, so i can go to your BB guy?