anyone here use motorola media sync?

ashenfang

Reaction score
Anyone here use this to sync their iTunes to their droid? The sync works good and all the files transferred. However, when I go to "artists" a few of them list "itunes music 1 of 175" under the actual artist selection, which is weird and can't figure out where this is coming from. Anyone else run into this?

I also tried double twist but could never get the two to sync.

bastosero

Reaction score
Anyone here use this to sync their iTunes to their droid? The sync works good and all the files transferred. However, when I go to "artists" a few of them list "itunes music 1 of 175" under the actual artist selection, which is weird and can't figure out where this is coming from. Anyone else run into this?

I also tried double twist but could never get the two to sync.

I used to have that media sync, but then I uninstalled it. I didn't like it that much. I use Songbird now. Anyway, those might be DRM protected songs so that might explain why they're showing those maybe.

OP
A

ashenfang

Reaction score
Well, all of my music is DRM free so that can't be it. Its weird, because the songs that show up under "Itunes music 1 of 175" (under random artists) are songs that have their own artist and are listed there as well. They play under each category either way. I guess its just annoying.

OP
A

ashenfang

Reaction score
Thats how it shows up on the phone. I click music > artists > and for the most part everything is right, except for under a handful of artists it will list "album" and under that is where it shows ITunes Music 1 of 175. Strange thing is, I have over 800 songs so I don't know where its pulling the number 175 from. Under Motorola media sync, everthing is listed correctly as it follows the Itunes directory structure.

Duc748s

Reaction score
I don't know if this will help, TuneUp will fix up labels, tags, etc and runs side by side with iTunes. It's only a demo (the Gold version costs $20 per year, or $30 to use for a lifetime)

TuneUp | Audio Download | PCWorld

See if that helps you out

PridgNYC

Reaction score
I use it to sync iTunes to my droid, and nope, no problem here. All my artists are listed. Are the tags properly populated in the songs (on iTunes) that you are having problems with?