anyone else try a jb rom, and go back to an ics because of the lack of features?

billyk

Reaction score
I didn't create an update.zip. BB seems to be installed just fine!
Not sure if Tibu is of any use now.
I can simply replace everything manually - no prob.

billyk

Reaction score
How does one confirm what ROM they have installed. I'll assume BB is installed, and done correctly, but under "Phone" in settings, it doesn't indicate anything about BB.

??

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
In TiBu there is an option to create an update.zip. Press the menu button > create "update.zip" (scroll down list as it is near bottom) . Select Edify (should be selected by default) The other two are options are user preference. I personally put it as a user application (installs to /data partition opposed to /system partition), and set the name to Titaniumbackup*version*. You can flash that after you flashed everything else in recovery.

Wow, can't believe I forgot that step. Sorry about that. Yeah, I created that update zip so long ago I completely forgot about it. I usually name mine TitaniumBackup-5.5.0.1.zip just so I can easily tell it apart from other files.

FYI, you can't flash your ROM and the titanium update file in the same session. Basically, you would flash Bugless, reboot, set up your Google account, initiate airplane mode, then boot back into recovery and flash the titanium file. Reboot, open titanium and proceed with restoring device ID, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't create an update.zip. BB seems to be installed just fine!
Not sure if Tibu is of any use now.
I can simply replace everything manually - no prob.

Titanium isn't useless now, you just have to install it from the play store. This could be tough though because the play store will try to auto restore your apps at random. That's why you put the phone in airplane mode to stop the auto restore, then use titanium to restore the apps...assuming you flashed it in recovery.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The advantage of using titanium is that it restores everything including data in a fraction of the time it would take to auto restore from the play store. There's no wrong way to do it, just what works for you and your preferences. For me market restore is out of the question because I flash so much. There's no way I would wait an hour for everything to restore from the market when I could restore everything from titanium in under 10 minutes. Keep in mind I'm restoring about 140 apps.

Last edited:

billyk

Reaction score
SBenson:
I am going to cut/paste your posts above into a Word doc that I will keep until this all becomes automatic. THANK YOU for your help.

I am in BB now, although I am not sure how to confirm that, as I don't know what to look for under Phone info. Any thoughts on that?

Also, I just rebooted my GNex and BB is probably taking 5 minutes to boot up. Will this always be the case, or just this first time??

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
SBenson:
I am going to cut/paste your posts above into a Word doc that I will keep until this all becomes automatic. THANK YOU for your help.

I am in BB now, although I am not sure how to confirm that, as I don't know what to look for under Phone info. Any thoughts on that?

Also, I just rebooted my GNex and BB is probably taking 5 minutes to boot up. Will this always be the case, or just this first time??

Under about phone, build date, it should say Tue Aug 7.

Do you have the Jelly Bean boot loader installed? If you still have the ICS boot loader installed, this can lead to long boot times. Also, the first couple boots will most likely be longer because JB now runs a system check on each boot. The longer you run a specific ROM, the faster your boot times should become.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

billyk

Reaction score
You are correct again!

After a few reboots - it has a super-fast boot-up time.
I am liking this BB.
Want to see how good the battery is over the next few days.

Thanks again SBenson!

Fooshnik

Reaction score
I'm looking for a ROM that can display wifi/4g/3g/battery as an integer and has built-in volume amplification. Any of JBs have that yet?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i believe dts roms, jellybelly, and aokp has that. Sorcery should have it as well.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Oh yes! This thread has been awesome! DancingNexus BB got me through the entire day with 4g on with the stock battery! (misplaced my extended) :p
I love the battery app too. And... what are the good apps for the notification drawer switches? =) I can't remember.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Oh yes! This thread has been awesome! DancingNexus BB got me through the entire day with 4g on with the stock battery! (misplaced my extended) :p
I love the battery app too. And... what are the good apps for the notification drawer switches? =) I can't remember.

Widgetsoid - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jim2

Notification Toggle - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ficationToggle

Power Controls - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.painless.pc

SwitchPro (paid) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...alei.switchpro

Just to name a few I have tried.

billyk

Reaction score
Reporting back: So far, BB is almost as good as my ICS battery life experience, and better than Vicious ROM. I think I'll stay with this ROM for a while. I miss the notification toggles in Vicious, but I don't want to have an app running all the time to provide that function.

I highly recommend BB.