Anyone else not able to delete gmail on phone?

Rento

Reaction score
Started about a week ago, just annoys me. I'm running Ultimate Droid 2.5.

Let me explain it as a scenario:

I'll have some emails when I wake up, notification says I have 9, So I delete them after I see it's just unimportant stuff, I get another email later that day, it shows I have 10 emails...

I open up Inbox and I just see the one new email. Okay, so I delete my 10th email.

Later on that day, I check my phone, 5 new emails. All unimportant facebook alerts. But it now shows I have 15 unread emails, but nothing in my inbox.

I log onto gmail on my computer... There's all the emails I supposedly deleted. So I delete them, now my phone is good to go.. Until I get more emails.

So pretty much I can't delete the emails on my phone.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
That happened to me. It was also difficult to send emails. So i went back to stock vzw dns instead of google dns. All is good now. Im running blackhole 3.0

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
I know what a DNS is, I guess what i'm asking is, before I flashed to UD 2.5 and was unrooted, I was under the VZW DNS? I've been rooted since around Christmas time, and I never had this problem until now.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
I know what a DNS is, I guess what i'm asking is, before I flashed to UD 2.5 and was unrooted, I was under the VZW DNS? I've been rooted since around Christmas time, and I never had this problem until now.

Well I have a Fascinate and I use ROM manager. It gives me choices of what DNS I want. ie- Stock, google... I was on the google DNS for a while with no issues but it started up a few days ago so I installed the stock vzw DNS and all is well. Maybe someone with your rom will chime in...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, when I delete an email it stays in my deleted mail until I go in and delete it or Gmail does after a while. This is probably happening because a copy of the email is left on the server instead of using Gmail as your primary email device.

LT*

Reaction score
This happens to me from time to time. Go into settings and clear data and cache in gmail and it should take care of it for at least a while.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
This happens to me from time to time. Go into settings and clear data and cache in gmail and it should take care of it for at least a while.

Worked! dancedroid

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Bump:

It seems that the more emails I get, the more often I am having to do this... I have 1-3 emails a day or so that are important and have to be saved and labeled (bank, bills, sales, etc.)

So I guess that's the main reason why it's doing this...

Anyone have any idea if there's a definite fix for this instead of me wiping my GMail app data every week? Perhaps I should look into a better GMail app then the stock droid one?