two anoyances, please help...

richard713

Reaction score
I have a problem with my droid and my gmail acount, for some reason my inbox count always shows more emails in my inbox more than what i actually see in my inbox displayed. for instance if i get three emails and delete two and keep one in my inbox and if i reci three more emails the inbox count in the upper lefy will show i have 6 emails until i go online to delete the unwanted emails. anyone have this same issue or know a fix for it? im running ultimate droid 9.8 and using the stock email app.

second problem is ever since going to the new ultimate droid rom the 9.8 version my icon for the gps is always up on the notification bar even if i use a task killer to kill all apps, any way to find out what would be using the gps on the phone?

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
I think I can answer the second question, if you go to settings then go to about phone at the bottom, there is a battery use option, click on it and if ur gps is running it will tell you there

fix nexusmod donate!

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
I think I can answer the second question, if you go to settings then go to about phone at the bottom, there is a battery use option, click on it and if ur gps is running it will tell you there

fix nexusmod donate!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have noticed with gmail - if you reply or receive several emails that are from the same sender / receiver then it will put them all together...I have noticed it when I post on a thread here and get an email when someone else has posted a reply to....it says (example only) Reply to thread bout whatever - Droid Forums (2) the number in () indicate how many emails there are in that email string...you have to open and then click on each tab to indicate that they are read...I hope that helps...

OP
richard713

richard713

Reaction score
I have noticed with gmail - if you reply or receive several emails that are from the same sender / receiver then it will put them all together...I have noticed it when I post on a thread here and get an email when someone else has posted a reply to....it says (example only) Reply to thread bout whatever - Droid Forums (2) the number in () indicate how many emails there are in that email string...you have to open and then click on each tab to indicate that they are read...I hope that helps...

i have seen that as well but i have resolved the issue with the gps it was beautiful widgets there are some new loc settings and i had them all chosen so only have geoloc set now and no more gps icon but still having issue with the gmail in box count, i will try to get a screen cap....

cap201004101141.jpg
cap201004101142.jpg

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've seen several threads about gmail sync on ud and experienced a similar issue with Bugless Beast. Trying going into settings/applications/manage applications, then find gmail and our gmail storage (may have to press mental and filter by all). Then, clear data and cache.

There's just something about some versions of some of these custom roms that cause issues. I thought sync was messed up, but went back to stock about a month or so before the update finally came out and haven't had an issue yet...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
richard713

richard713

Reaction score
so far so good with clearing the data and cache, thanks...:icon_ banana:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
so far so good with clearing the data and cache, thanks...:icon_ banana:

Only problem is you'll have to do that periodically, or you'll end up right where you are...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
richard713

richard713

Reaction score
i kinda had that feeling well at least temp fix, maybe ultimate droid v10 will fix....:sad: