Anyone else keep accidentally searching for stuff?

rsdroid

Reaction score
+ 1. I never use it either and have accidentally hit it many times, and I have small hands!

fallsgable

Reaction score
just curious about what you all use for search instead, and how you get there...I personally like the search button, especially the long press of it to search for anything by voice....
I just long press and speak what I want....if I say "call (name)"...it calls them immediately.
If I just want an answer to a question, I just say it, and the Droid will searh for the answer on the web, and return an instant result....
I cannot imagine an easier way to do it than:
step 1 press button
step 2 talk

There cannot be an easier way to search for ANYTHING.... can there?

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
just curious about what you all use for search instead, and how you get there...I personally like the search button, especially the long press of it to search for anything by voice....
I just long press and speak what I want....if I say "call (name)"...it calls them immediately.
If I just want an answer to a question, I just say it, and the Droid will searh for the answer on the web, and return an instant result....
step 1 press button
step 2 talk

It's not that they don't use it...the keep activating it by mistake....

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
step 1 press button
step 2 talk

It's not that they don't use it...the keep activating it by mistake....

right. there is a search thing on the bottom of every page of Home++ that i use, and an app for everyone else. its just the placement.. i hit it all the time... *annoyed*

lockman

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're hitting it holding phone in portrait? I have large hands as well, but rarely hold phone that way unless I'm on a call.

thrashtrash

Reaction score
umm

step 1 press button
step 2 talk

if you check the options off in settings you can search the web, contacts, music ect by just starting to type what youre looking for. that button is useless, and you can just use the icon for voice search

thrashtrash

Reaction score
and

i almost always use the phone in portrait because not all of the bugs have been worked out of the 2.1 roms yet so portrait mode isnt completely functional

thrashtrash

Reaction score
The 'search' key is a waste IMO. No need for a soft/hard key for search. I understand it's a Google phone (Google is synonymous with 'searching' now) but a 'Phone' button would have been much better suited than the magnifying glass.

ok i see 3 threads now on this issue and i think we need to find some way to fix this! and i agree! i would love to remap that button to and answer key!!!! but only have it answer calls, i dont want to be opening the dialer all the time instead of the search function. i understand a lot of you just started holding the phone differently but man, this phone is supposed to be able to do everything short of curing AIDS and i dont want to have to teach my self to hold the phone differently! i find it comfortable just the way i do it! can someone with some knowledge of the programming of the phone please help us out???

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I was hitting it all the time until I got the Verizon combo case/holster. Any case with a raised lip the entire way around will prevent you from accidentally hitting the search button. That would include cases like the Verizon combo case/holster, the Verizon silicone case, the Body Glove case and the Seidio case.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hit the overly sensitive search key also.

Better than the Nexus where you cant hit them on purpose.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged...thanks for the heads up Black!