App Search??

T

TheAlpha

Whenever I open my app drawer( the icon at the right hand bottom corner that says "apps") and try to search for an app via the search button (the magnifying glass on the bottom right hand corner) I get a notification stating "The application Homescreen has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." And I'm forced to force close it. Anyone else have this problem????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Are you rooted? Have you frozen any apps? Using the stock launcher? Tried a hard reset?

SallyC

Reaction score
Whenever I open my app drawer( the icon at the right hand bottom corner that says "apps") and try to search for an app via the search button (the magnifying glass on the bottom right hand corner) I get a notification stating "The application Homescreen has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." And I'm forced to force close it. Anyone else have this problem????

Yup, mine does it too - and then opens up the last app I had been using!

Just skip the open apps part and use the search button. On mine that allows me to find apps so I'm guessing it will for you too. If not, with the search window open, go to Menu>Search settings and select Searchable Items and make sure Apps is checked. Touch and hold the search button to search by voice.

OP
T

TheAlpha

Are you rooted? Have you frozen any apps? Using the stock launcher? Tried a hard reset?

I am not rooted and it's always been like this. And Sally, I will try this and see what happens.

OP
T

TheAlpha

Yup, mine does it too - and then opens up the last app I had been using!

Just skip the open apps part and use the search button. On mine that allows me to find apps so I'm guessing it will for you too. If not, with the search window open, go to Menu>Search settings and select Searchable Items and make sure Apps is checked. Touch and hold the search button to search by voice.

Still does the same but I'll search for apps via the search bar. Thanks.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is weird I guess I never noticed that problem since I use GoLauncher EX, and using that the search works from within the APP Drawer.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Folks, this is a known bug in Android and I am hoping they will fix it soon. There is a workaround for this, but it is not perfect. If you go to settings, applications, manage, and uninstall updates to Google search, the issue goes away. From then on, you will be prompted repeatedly to update the Google search app through the Play Store, but you can just ignore it.

Good luck! :biggrin:

DethDroid

Reaction score
Folks, this is a known bug in Android and I am hoping they will fix it soon. There is a workaround for this, but it is not perfect. If you go to settings, applications, manage, and uninstall updates to Google search, the issue goes away. From then on, you will be prompted repeatedly to update the Google search app through the Play Store, but you can just ignore it.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Thank you FoxKat that worked like a charm :)dancedroid

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
And all this time I just ignored it....
I do have same "bug" ...

----posted maxx'ed out----

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thank you FoxKat that worked like a charm :)dancedroid

Glad to have been able to help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

Andielyn

Reaction score
Since the OS update searching apps isn't working at all for me. I've tried uninstalling Google Search updates, installing them, reboot. Rather than the bug from before it just does nothing. Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this? I am stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2