Anyone else feelin' me?

codye91

Reaction score
So, by a show of hands, how many of you out there are sitting on your "amazing" BlackBerry Storm and out of those hands, how many of you are ready to upgrade in the next month or two and run over it with the heaviest vehicle you can find? I know all of us storm users that got them when they came out are at the end of our two-year torture period. Until today, I was so excited about my upgrade Feb 1. I knew I was going to get the Droid X and be happy... Well, so much for that. Here comes this little piece of gold called the Droid Bionic. So I want everyone in the forum if you read this to tell me what I should do. I posted a quick little bit at this in the release date thread, but I wanted to see how many of you guys are out there and what you are planning to do? I just can't take this Blackberry Storm anymore and I want the bionic. So tell me Droid Forum. What should I do?

Reaction score
I upgraded to my fascinate from a storm1 about a month ago, and yes I did run it over. I cant even begin to explain the difference of night and day it is. Browse around, no matter what you choose its going to be a billion times better then the storm

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i want to welcome both of you to the forum! glad you found us. browse around, post around, don't hesitate to ask questions, and stick around and join in the fun!

as for your specific question, lots of people are drooling over the Bionic. however, a concern was raised recently (ostensibly obtained from Moto "insiders") about a potential flaw in the Bionic. Moto has denied that a flaw exists, and insists that the Bionic will be ready for release toward the end of Q2. here is a recent thread debating the implications of the rumor: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/119575-droid-bionics-unfixable-flaw.html

i bring this to your attention, not to scare you away from the Bionic. rather, the general consensus of the thread is to wait and see what happens during the first couple of weeks after release, and if any major issues are reported by consumers.

hopefully, all will go well, and there will be no problems; cuz you're right - this looks to be a BEAST of a device!!

creaky

Reaction score
I'm in the exact same boat as you codye. I am waiting it out with my Storm and very much want the Bionic (save for any PMU problems that it is rumored to have/had). I have been eligible to upgrade since August and it has been a tough wait.

One possible solution that I am exploring: Get an OG Droid or Incredible on the cheap now (eBay, Craigslist) and let it tide you over until June when the Bionic drops. I'm debating whether it's worth the money, but around my area you can find people selling them at fairly inexpensive prices.

[BTW, if anyone wants unload their Droid, Incredible, etc. at a reasonable price, please PM me....]

Beckman

Reaction score
I'm also a Blackberry user anxiously approaching my upgrade. A few weeks ago I decided to wait for the Bionic, now with the possibility of delays and/or flaws I'm contemplating the HTC Thunderbolt. Any suggestions? I've never had an HTC and my last Motorola was a Nextel flip phone.

creaky

Reaction score
I'm also a Blackberry user anxiously approaching my upgrade. A few weeks ago I decided to wait for the Bionic, now with the possibility of delays and/or flaws I'm contemplating the HTC Thunderbolt. Any suggestions? I've never had an HTC and my last Motorola was a Nextel flip phone.

For me, the Bionic should be superior because of dual-core processor. From what I've read, Moto generally has better call quality and stronger antennas than HTC's.

Also take into consideration the skin. HTC has Sense and Moto has blur, though there will likely be ways around those OS skins once these phones get out in the wild.

Good luck!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's up to you. personally, i would try to wait it out to see what the Bionic holds. also, it appears that the DX2 will be coming in May/June - 4.3" screen, dual core T2. it essentially has the same specs as the Bionic, except that the DX2 will not be LTE and there's no word on whether it will have ffc.

OP
C

codye91

Reaction score
I have recently decided to do the exact same thing. I'm currently hunting for good deals on an incredible or something of the sort to hold me over til the summer. I'm scouring ebay and craigslist as we speak. I'm in the same boat as the other guy. Anybody out there wanting to get rid of an old droid for a good price, I'd love a pm about it.

wingdo

Reaction score
From what I've read, Moto generally has better call quality and stronger antennas than HTC's.

Moto does have incredible call quality, that there is no doubt. I'm still on the fence between the TB as I can get it next month, and the Bionic. As far as skins go, if I have to have one, I much prefer Sense.

thechemist

Reaction score
Im with you Codye91. Im starting to think I will be going with the X2 as I live in the middle of nowhere and I bet the bionic with its LTE is going to cost more than the x2. and creaky I dont know where you have been looking but I cant find a droid 1 for a decent price anywhere

corymcnutt

Reaction score
I too am a Storm2 owner...I really like my phone, but I am due in June for upgrade and BB just isn't cutting it anymore. I want a BIG screen, FAST internet, more memory, and LTE. The Bionic has attracted me, as I always had Moto before and they had great reception. I am still in "unknown waters" with Android, but it seems like there is an app for about everything I would want to customize it a little. I like the HTC's main screen much better, but I think the Bionic has more to offer in hardware.

travisn000

Reaction score
...I threw my Storm 1 at a wall about a week before the DX came out... best thing I ever did with it!

:)

thechemist

Reaction score
ok creaky you could probable find anything on new york craigslist. I live in bumble **** Idaho. If i lived in new york the LTE would be a huge draw for me.

jogo21

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one still using Storm. I'm with many of you. I'm having doubts about the Bionic primarily for two reason: release date and 4g data pricing. For those reasons I'm considering just getting a Droid X on a 1 year contract. I'm also waiting to see prices drop on used X's as many will want to jump to iphone when it's released next week. I'm a big fan of Motorola. I still think Startac was kick butt phone for its time. I just don't like the unknown factors with this phone.