Any Ideas?

mayerjackson

Reaction score
I am on my Dad's business account at alltel and we are going to be switching to verizon here soon, but we don't know exactly when (my dad's business partner is doing it and i have no say in when we are switching). My hope is that we will switch before the 15th so that I can wait to add my line until the X comes out; however, there is a good chance that we wont switch till after the 15th and my guess is the droid x will be sold out. So...

Here's my question. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any verizon policies in place that will allow me to get the Droid x for the "new contract" price even if it isn't in stock when i switch my plan?

Any help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated.

I thought about trying to get a loaner phone but verizon said they didn't do that. I though maybe i could just get a piece of junk phone until it came in stock, but then i wasn't sure if it would be available for the new contract price. Thanks for the help!!!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here's my question. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any verizon policies in place that will allow me to get the Droid x for the "new contract" price even if it isn't in stock when i switch my plan?

It doesn't matter when the phone came out or if its in stock or not. As long as you are doing a new contract then you get the new contract price.

OP
M

mayerjackson

Reaction score
So could i take in a phone that i already have, use that when we switch plans, and then when the X is in stock i could buy that with the contract?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you sign the contract you'll be ordering your X (assuming it's out of stock). Until you receive the X, you'll have to use a phone that's compatible with Verizon.

jbg25

Reaction score
No....

You will need to purchase the DroidX even if it is not in stock and have it put on backorder when you sign the contract. If you try to buy later...they have you on contract and will not give you the discount.

Then you can use your old handset until it comes in.

EDIT: damnyou and your slick fingers CC...beat me by seconds!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So could i take in a phone that i already have, use that when we switch plans, and then when the X is in stock i could buy that with the contract?

What Corina said...and quite some time between posts huh lol :)