droid x or wait?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I don't identify with emotional responses to a tool.so no mre responses to u.
To the rest have you noticed more quirks in the updated operating system?

Everstar80 is simply trying to help you and gave no attitude. Also, I agree with him, it sounds as if your hardware is malfunctioning more than the actual android OS. And while it may seem there are a few more bugs in android than a simple flip phone or IOS, these are problems easily fixed by spending some time on this forum. Android is open source so its easy to fix simple bugs.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Not having used an Iphone I long for something other than my Droid. I seem to be one of the only persons not impressed with the Droid. While it does some things well over all I dislike the programing of it. Sometimes long waits for phone actions, sometimes poor phone reception - don't be ridiculous and tell me about poor service areas, I know about that and I'm talking about the same areas where another phone gets good service (in fact my employer made me take a company flip-phone because he could not make out what I was saying at times), sometimes slow response to calling out, it often starts another program when I quit one- again don't offer a program shut down app, it should not do this in the first place, it often changes the volume of my ring- usually lower so that I miss calls, I often have to take the battery out and do a hard reboot to get the phone to respond at all. I don't have but one program that is not a "MARKET" sourced program. I'm just fed up with the poor programing of this operating system. I will be anxious to see what MS offers in the future or how the iphone works. I realize that these other phones may have there own quirks and if that is what I discover I will be going back to a simple flip phone.

Awesome rant you have going on there ^^...exactly what part of it pertains to the OP`s question?

Yeah, exactly, none of it. The OP asked a simple question concerning whether or not he/she should go ahead and buy a Droid X or wait to see what other devices might be available in the near future. Nowhere in that original post did they ask for your emotional breakdown of why you personally do not like Android OS, Android devices, or your wanting to play with an iPhone. If ya feel so strongly about your issue, feel free to start a thread on a dedicated "I hate Android" forum, I am sure they would love to hear about your problems.

As for the OP`s original question...all I can offer is this..If you continually wait for the "next big thing", you will continually be waiting... New devices come to market about every 3-6 months on average, so if you wait and get a new device in December, you will then be "behind again" along about March or so. So, having said that, I say go ahead and get the Droid X, I am sure you will be quite happy with the device because it is an awesome device to have...and it will still be pretty awesome in 6 months...just not "new"....my $0.02.

Phresh2Death614

Reaction score
iphone is dead

umm its up to you. I have a droid X and absolutely love it. umm but droid x will be there when you decide so maybe wait until you see what the new season has coming. There is a rumor that in January the iPhone is coming to Verizon.

You're ignorant for even mentioning an iphone on a drid specific website. Iphone isn't and never will be better than android because of the strict app limits set by apple. Droid all the way

Zippster

Reaction score
I think that was the same CEO who right after AT&T went to tiered data plans said Verizon wouldn't be......:blink:

ram1000

Reaction score
I don't identify with emotional responses to a tool.so no mre responses to u.
To the rest have you noticed more quirks in the updated operating system?

Everstar80 is simply trying to help you and gave no attitude. Also, I agree with him, it sounds as if your hardware is malfunctioning more than the actual android OS. And while it may seem there are a few more bugs in android than a simple flip phone or IOS, these are problems easily fixed by spending some time on this forum. Android is open source so its easy to fix simple bugs.

I don't think the phone has malfunctioned on its own way. O gave nothing bit examples
Of my problems ang offet another. A friend bought the latest Droid about three weeks ago. I had warned him About the phone makin g calls by itself after it hun g up. I called him a couple days later getting this message: hi, this is Steve. I don't have a cell phone any more. Call me at my work number. He had tired of the pbone dialing on its own.

bL33d

Reaction score
i had 2 iphones b4 i got my droid believe me u aint missing anything imagine a phone that u can only get songs and apps for and they have to be from itunes. u can long press on a icon and move it around on screen ''oohh exciting''

FYI i have never heard of a droid calling on its own... rofl

ram1000

Reaction score
i had 2 iphones b4 i got my droid believe me u aint missing anything imagine a phone that u can only get songs and apps for and they have to be from itunes. u can long press on a icon and move it around on screen ''oohh exciting''

FYI i have never heard of a droid calling on its own... rofl

I understood the iphone had many times the apps of the Droid family
There is an app to fix the Droid calling on ita own._