Any Ideas?

mayerjackson

Reaction score
I am on my Dad's business account at alltel and we are going to be switching to verizon here soon, but we don't know exactly when (my dad's business partner is doing it and i have no say in when we are switching). My hope is that we will switch before the 15th so that I can wait to add my line until the X comes out; however, there is a good chance that we wont switch till after the 15th and my guess is the droid x will be sold out. So...

Here's my question. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any verizon policies in place that will allow me to get the Droid x for the "new contract" price even if it isn't in stock when i switch my plan?

Any help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated.

I thought about trying to get a loaner phone but verizon said they didn't do that. I though maybe i could just get a piece of junk phone until it came in stock, but then i wasn't sure if it would be available for the new contract price. Thanks for the help!!!

bje1982

Reaction score
I am on my Dad's business account at alltel and we are going to be switching to verizon here soon, but we don't know exactly when (my dad's business partner is doing it and i have no say in when we are switching). My hope is that we will switch before the 15th so that I can wait to add my line until the X comes out; however, there is a good chance that we wont switch till after the 15th and my guess is the droid x will be sold out. So...

Here's my question. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any verizon policies in place that will allow me to get the Droid x for the "new contract" price even if it isn't in stock when i switch my plan?

Any help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated.

I thought about trying to get a loaner phone but verizon said they didn't do that. I though maybe i could just get a piece of junk phone until it came in stock, but then i wasn't sure if it would be available for the new contract price. Thanks for the help!!!

If you use a loaner or a friends old phone for the meantime and talk to Verizon ahead of time they could note your account that you signed up with "customer provided equipment" and you would be automatically eligible for an upgrade but thats only if you make sure they make the notes.

Edit: You could also do a no contract with your friends phone untill the X is in stock then go sign the contract and get the discount. The most important thing is that the rep puts detailed notes on the account because if not nobody will believe you when its time.

Last edited:
OP
M

mayerjackson

Reaction score
I think i understand the first one, i take in an friends phone, tell them that i am waiting for the droid, they will activate my friends phone and i use that while i'm waiting for the droid to come in stock.

Could you please explain that second option though. Sorry, i dont understand exactly. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

bje1982

Reaction score
I think i understand the first one, i take in an friends phone, tell them that i am waiting for the droid, they will activate my friends phone and i use that while i'm waiting for the droid to come in stock.

Could you please explain that second option though. Sorry, i dont understand exactly. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Yes. If you have your own phone you dont need to do a contract so then when the X is in stock you could go in and sign a contract to get the discount.