Making the switch...

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I'm making the switch from T-Mobile/G1 to Verizon/DX. Sprint was the competition. I finally decided for sure last night after playing with an Evo with solid 3G reception only getting about 75kbps speeds!!!

Anyways, from what I've been reading, you might want to consider only signing a 1-year contract, if it's possible. From what I've been reading, people tend to have to pay a $70 premium for that 1-year contract with Verizon. But this way, you're not stuck with the Droid X for 2 years. At the current rate of phone advancements (I mean, look at how many people are wanting to upgrade from the Droid to the Droid X after only 7 months!), I think it would be wise to allow yourself to get the full discount on another phone in a year from now.

Just my $0.02 worth. I'm still trying to learn more about the 1-year option, but definitely look into it and consider it yourself!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's becoming like leasing a car... If you know for sure you're going to trade your car in within 5 years, it makes more sense to lease.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
It's becoming like leasing a car... If you know for sure you're going to trade your car in within 5 years, it makes more sense to lease.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Luckily we're only talking about $70 down the drain if we guess wrong by doing the 1-year contract. It's much more expensive than that if you guess wrong by going with a 2-year contract!