Any ICS news yet?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bionic isnt a priority for Motorola. If you dont get on a leak you may never get ics.

Why do you say that? They must have some interest, otherwise there wouldn't be 7 leaks. It would be more like 1 or 2, and those would be weeks old.

Last edited:

nateohio

Reaction score
Bionic_Racer said:
What other explanation can be given for the long delay? I know they may want it to be perfect before release but 235 and even 232 were smooth.

They stated the bionic will get ICS in multiple public releases. They don't really have a choice but to make sure we get it.

Also, there really isn't a "long" delay...early Q3 got passed over because of issues with the RAZR updates. If you think this is a long delay, you obviously weren't around last year waiting for the bionic itself to be released

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What other explanation can be given for the long delay? I know they may want it to be perfect before release but 235 and even 232 were smooth.

Looking at Motorola Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich Update Rolling Out in August?

Apparently, the Droid Bionic’s Ice Cream Sandwich release date, which has been pegged for arrival in early Q3 by Motorola, would have already arrived had the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich updates been flawless.

I guess it would either be getting it early and have thread after thread of complaints asking why did they rush it, or have it come out later and have thread after thread of complains on why it's taking so long. :)

Last edited:

nateohio

Reaction score
aaf709 said:
Looking at Motorola Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich Update Rolling Out in August?

Apparently, the Droid Bionic’s Ice Cream Sandwich release date, which has been pegged for arrival in early Q3 by Motorola, would have already arrived had the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich updates been flawless.

They wouldn't even need to be flawless, but there were some major issues with those updates.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Bionic_Racer said:

Did u forget were on VZW and they have to approve everything before we ever get anything? Look at the Nexus and the JB issues. Nothing wrong with jB at all, just VZW being VZW. Also look at the build dates on 238.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I remember being on ICS before going back to stock and I think I missed this news... What happened to ICS being "Bloatwear-free"? That we wouldn't have to have all the business apps on here?

wheeler062505

Reaction score
I'm starting to get sick and tired of watching all these other devices get ics. Most all of them came after the launch of the bionic. Wth gives.

LorelSilverleaf

Reaction score
I would rather wait for them to get it right then listen to a bunch of whining people complaining and asking why they did not wait a bit longer to get it right. :p

wheeler062505

Reaction score
LorelSilverleaf said:
I would rather wait for them to get it right then listen to a bunch of whining people complaining and asking why they did not wait a bit longer to get it right. :p

You have a point, but still aucks . People are people and everyone has their own expectations of what ics should be.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
They wouldn't even need to be flawless, but there were some major issues with those updates.

I was believing the story about the Bionic being delayed due to issues with the RAZR release. But now i'm calling BS, because that doesn't explain why the DROID 4 users are getting soak test invites. Their update should be built around the same base. If the RAZR issues were really the true reason, we should be soak testing soon and the D4 folks should be waiting. But multiple D4 owners are getting soak test invites, so i'm calling BS on Moto and VZW.

I think they are holding back the Bionic OTA simply so that so much time passes that an official JB is out of the question in the future.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
I was believing the story about the Bionic being delayed due to issues with the RAZR release. But now i'm calling BS, because that doesn't explain why the DROID 4 users are getting soak test invites. Their update should be built around the same base. If the RAZR issues were really the true reason, we should be soak testing soon and the D4 folks should be waiting. But multiple D4 owners are getting soak test invites, so i'm calling BS on Moto and VZW.

I think they are holding back the Bionic OTA simply so that so much time passes that an official JB is out of the question in the future.

My point exactly. Or they are waiting for us bionic owners to just give up and go for the lastest and greatest, which some can but I didn't get my phone til April of this year.

Tonik

Reaction score

I would too, but I doubt the delay will make the release any better.

jstwondrng

Reaction score

I read about the Droid 4 users getting the "soak test" emails... Was about to post a new rant myself concerning this! This makes no sense why we're not getting the ICS update. I'm really considering doing the manual update like others in this forum. I totally understand them wanting to get the release right, but come one... The Droid 4??? Come on Moto and VZ... Get your act together... Fully support your devices!

nateohio

Reaction score
jstwondrng said:
I read about the Droid 4 users getting the "soak test" emails... Was about to post a new rant myself concerning this! This makes no sense why we're not getting the ICS update. I'm really considering doing the manual update like others in this forum. I totally understand them wanting to get the release right, but come one... The Droid 4??? Come on Moto and VZ... Get your act together... Fully support your devices!

Let me just point out that there is no guarantee that their soak test is even ICS. That is pure speculation at this point.

OP
Zregnier

Zregnier

Reaction score
jstwondrng said:

I was going to wait as well but couldn't take the data drops any more. I must say flashing the leak was the best thing I've ever flashed on a phone. I haven't had a single data issue yet.