Any help on unrooting

ggk

Reaction score
Ok my moto droid is having screen issues with the touch screen freaking out and I am currently rooted and would like to unroot before returning the phone. The problem is that I cannot find and unrooting method that does not use rsd or a windows only program. Those will not work for me because I run linux.

Any help would be appreciated.

For how I did it check the second page

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Get ROM Manager from the market, try free version first. Then when installed open it, flash the clockwork mod recovery, then go to download rom. Then go to stock images, at the top will be FRG01B and then it will give you the option to have it installed unrooted, totally stock. If you cannot get to these options with the free version, you will have to pay for the premium version.

good luck

OP
G

ggk

Reaction score
That is the wierd thing it says that I should be able to choose whether to have or not have root and when I do not select the super user thing i still have a rom with root.

If i were to try and install the official 2.2 update will everything be back to stock or is there more i would have to do?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hmm, that's weird, but I've never tried those stock images in ROM Manager. If you have the stock OTA file you could try it, but I think it will fail. First try the 2.0.1 stock unrooted image and see what happens.

good luck

OP
G

ggk

Reaction score
Is there a file you suggest from your repo?
or should i try and use the clockwork one. I am not that bad with this thing and can usually figure things out, but not having windows is stopping me from doing it normally.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you trying to go back to stock

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
@ pilot, um, yes he is pretty apparent.

@gkk, try the stock 2.0.1 one within ROM Manager, if that doesn't work then you can download the 2.0.1totally stock.zip file from my repo, extract it until you have the 2.0.1totally stock folder. RENAME the folder FIRST to remove the space between "totally" and "stock", then put it on your sdcard in a folder called 'nandroid', i.e. /sdcard/nandroid/2.0.1totallystock. Then within ROM manager go near the bottom to 'flash alternate recovery' to flash SPRecovery on your phone. Then reboot into recovery, select 'advanced nandroid restore' select the 2.0.1totallystock option and away you go. clear as mud? If not, re-read this post two or three or four times until it makes sense.

good luck

OP
G

ggk

Reaction score
Yes i am trying to go back to box stock.

OP
G

ggk

Reaction score
Well I will give that a try later tonight cause i need my phone today and do not want to have to mess with it all day.

Well it looks like i found a way to flash .sbf files on linux so if all else fails i can still un brick it.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
G

ggk

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. I ended up using a sbf flashing tool and then using the ota update for 2.2.

for those who found this looking for help I used a linux program called sbf_flash and a mix of Guide to Rooting 2.2 for Windows and Linux - Android Forums tutorial to figure out how to uses the program and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/65751-i-want-unroot-new-froyo.html tutorial and file. Then I used the file that was posted in this thread for the 2.2 update.

Hope that helps everyone

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Thanks everyone for the help. I ended up using a sbf flashing tool and then using the ota update for 2.2.

for those who found this looking for help I used a linux program called sbf_flash and a mix of Guide to Rooting 2.2 for Windows and Linux - Android Forums tutorial to figure out how to uses the program and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/65751-i-want-unroot-new-froyo.html tutorial and file. Then I used the file that was posted in this thread for the 2.2 update.

Hope that helps everyone
Thanks for the update and glad you got it working. If you'd like to do a quick writeup of what you did in a new thread, a Mod would probably be willing to sticky it since others run Linux and have this problem.