Droid UnRooting Help

SmartphoneNewbie

Reaction score
I rooted the other day tried Bugless Beast and Cyanogen and didn't really see the need for me to be rooted so in the process to unroot i used this walkthrough
How To: Unroot the Motorola Droid | TheUnlockr
Which brought me back to a stock 2.1. Now i am trying to manually install FRG22D through the apply update.zip method but it says
"E: Can't open/cache/recovery/command" and it will not let me except any option in this recovery.
In unrooting or rooting did i mess something up? Or is this an easy fix. I haven't gone any farther than that so any help would be welcomed. Thank you

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you click allow update.zip first

Reaction score
thank goodness i found this...i just called vzw for a replacement droid since my powerbutton is sticking/ doesnt have that push down feel anymore..its like i have to press really hard to turn on/off... and for some reason after i flash back to 2.2 FRG01B, i updated OTA to FRG22D and root is still there..and now im trying to remove it..im hoping the link in Tallica's sig will help.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted

I hope you find your solution.

Actually to both of you, either Tallica's link or mine should fix either (or both) of you up.

good luck

Reaction score

I hope you find your solution.

Actually to both of you, either Tallica's link or mine should fix either (or both) of you up.

good luck

yea, just my luck...i just rooted 2 days ago for the first time and then this happened to me...kinda hoping they send me a droid2 but i doubt that. ill be happy with a working droid 1. i know it is highly possible it will be a refurbished but as long as it is all working well..im good...now time to take out the SU.

OP
S

SmartphoneNewbie

Reaction score
sorry for the late reply, i've been busy this week.
But thank you for the links they helped alot. for some reason i had to use sbf to unroot but thats fine with me.
Thanks again

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Glad you found a solution. Sorry about the hitchhiker, some times that can't be helped.