Any Droid 1 Owners in a contract till 2012 jealous about new devices?

Nibbz

Reaction score
I know I am. I want a Droid 2 so bad. The keyboard looks so much better to use and overall its just a much sleeker device. I love my droid and all, but I'm kinda regretting upgrading early just so i could get a Droid asap...

anyone else feel the same way I do? lol

Detonation

Reaction score
Your post kind of contradicts your signature :p

Anyways, I believe Verizon has some leeway with their upgrade/renewal, so you might be able to work out getting a new phone sooner than the new every two and without paying full price (but still tacking another 2 years onto the end of your contract).

Last edited:

warrior21

Reaction score
Not at all. Mine is up sometime next year but nothing has come out so far that I would upgrade too anyway. There will always be something "newer and better" coming out.

cloud12077

Reaction score
We just got the droid 2 in our store today. I was excited to see it. Honestly there really wasn't that much of a wow factor after playing with it for awhile. (Granted it was unactivated) There are a few apps that I think I would like, aside from that not so wowable to me.

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
Some Droid owners have been in remorse since the Nexus One came out a few months after the original Droid. So people who are upgraded to a Droid X or Droid 2 will probably feel remorse when/if the rumored Droid Pro comes out. Android allows manufacturers to whip out new hardware really fast, so it's good and bad.

My contract is up in over a year, but I figure Verizon's LTE network will be good to go by then, and I will have some 4g phones to choose from!

Last edited:

Taegost

Reaction score
After rooting and overclocking my Droid, the only thing I want is the 512M RAM, other then that, it's kinda meh. I'd go with an X because of the bigger screen and better camera, but I can wait for the dual-core phones to come out, or one with a Hummingbird processor, which looks like it can be overclocked pretty nicely.

xmguy

Reaction score
I got the Droid in June if this year. I'd like to have the X. But can't until my next upgrade.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Little jealous... played with a friends EVO and its pretty sweet. I love the larger screen... If I was offered an early upgrade, I might take it. But part of me is glad I haven't been offered. I'm really anxious to see the dual cores when they come out...

backlash

Reaction score
Not at all. Mine is up sometime next year but nothing has come out so far that I would upgrade too anyway. There will always be something "newer and better" coming out.
This is the truth. When the incredible came out I wanted that, when the Droid X came out I wanted that......now that some time has passed and the "hype" has died down a little bit...........I'm still really happy with my phone. Even when I upgrade next year, I know that maybe a month or two after I get my new phone, there will be something better on it's way or out already. Oh well.

I do believe that Verizon lets you upgrade about 4 months early. I got my phone in Nov of 2009, and am elgible for an upgrade in July of 2011.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some Droid owners have been in remorse since the Nexus One came out a few months after the original Droid. So people who are upgraded to a Droid X or Droid 2 will probably feel remorse when/if the rumored Droid Pro comes out.

Yep, every time a new phone comes out, we see posts where someone has dumped (or wants to dump) their last phone in favor of the new one. Like others, I'm not gonna worry until the Droid Pro is confirmed.

warrior21

Reaction score
This is the truth. When the incredible came out I wanted that, when the Droid X came out I wanted that......now that some time has passed and the "hype" has died down a little bit...........I'm still really happy with my phone. Even when I upgrade next year, I know that maybe a month or two after I get my new phone, there will be something better on it's way or out already. Oh well.

I do believe that Verizon lets you upgrade about 4 months early. I got my phone in Nov of 2009, and am elgible for an upgrade in July of 2011.

They've been pretty good when it comes to upgrades for me. My wife upgraded her blackberry to the droid a year early when she called and complained about the phone. They just made us purchase it online so we ended up paying a little more than they were going for at the time but it was worth it. Verizon will usually work with you.

HDBiker67

Reaction score
not really. I just keep thinking what kind of Droid will be available by then. :rockon:

Elric

Reaction score
I know I am. I want a Droid 2 so bad. The keyboard looks so much better to use and overall its just a much sleeker device. I love my droid and all, but I'm kinda regretting upgrading early just so i could get a Droid asap...

anyone else feel the same way I do? lol

No, not at all. The D2 is just an evolutionary step from the Droid 1. And it's totally not worth it for a rooted/ROMed D1 owner to upgrade to a another device until a better specced unit with encrypted boot loader is cracked or until the new generation of phones are so powerful the D1 can no longer run the current version of the OS sufficiently. I'm already running Froyo @ 1.2GHz, I'm totally fine with the KB.... the only thing I TRULY want from the D2 is the bigger internal memory,

I'll let my contract expire on time and upgrade to an Android 3.x device and until then rock custom ROMs on the Droid.

Sounds like you're totally caught up on the hype train, TBH. Put down the net connection and step away from the internet for a day or two and you'll save yourself the hassle/cost of an expensive and unnecessary upgrade.

Last edited:

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I transferred an upgrade from one of my other lines, so no jealousy here.
If I didn't have that option then yeah I'd be jealous. My D1 is still a pretty good unit using it now until Monday when the X is supposedly due in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk