Any Droid 1 Owners in a contract till 2012 jealous about new devices?

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
I would be jealous of other phones coming out if the Droid stayed stock, but since my phone runs 300mhz higher than the Nexus, which has many other problems lol, and 300mhz higher than the incredible, droid 2 and droid x. AND iPhone 4 :icon_ banana: so there is no point to be jealous until someone actually makes a phone better than the droid 1. I find it quite funny that motorola came out with two phones slower than mine lol

So I actually feel almost sorry for the people buying those phones, cause theirs is slower lol

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
My contract is up in november of 2013 due to extentions. But I get early upgrades promos every xmas so I don't care so much.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
My contract has "been" up.. Im still debating though, Im trying to hold out for 4G phones that are right around the corner, I cant get enough of my droid though.. its fast as hell and can do whatever I want with it

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've very contend with my Droid 1 It is a solid phone and I enjoy the ability to change roms and themes. And it is paid for so no need to lay out another $200

Raven1r44

Reaction score
I know I am. I want a Droid 2 so bad. The keyboard looks so much better to use and overall its just a much sleeker device. I love my droid and all, but I'm kinda regretting upgrading early just so i could get a Droid asap...

anyone else feel the same way I do? lol

june 12 2010 is not getting a droid early...its been out since last year and ive had mine since march. I got my blackberry storm last october, said screw the BB and bought the droid after only like 5 months, so you arent necessarily "locked" in to your droid, it just depends on how much money you feel like spending :p

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wont buy a semi better phone. All the phones out lately are semi better. Im sticking with my droid til 2ghz badass phone motorola promised. If they dont make one then i guess im going to have my droid awhile. :)

mikehal38

Reaction score
One of the perks of being on an employee plan is I upgrade every 10 months :) I bought my Droid December 09 and my upgrade is available this October. It looks like I'm going to have a lot of phones to choose from.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I haven't seen a newer phone that does anything more than I need. They also all seem to have their issues...probably a result of them being pushed to market so fast.

The only thing I'm lacking is space and that can be solved with a new sdcard. Im rooted so I have all I need.

Plus if I really wanted a new phone I woould just add a new line for$ 10 a month and transfer the phone to my existing line. That's what I did last time. I've had 3 new phones in a 6 month period.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
not really because i already upgrade every 12 months anyways so when something comes out that i like ill get it. So far nothing has been impressive enough to make me switch.

Samurai26

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty jealous of my bro's X... It's just amazingly fast, smooth, and the screen is orgasmic! But by 2012, there's gonna be super-phones that I'll drool over!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wont buy a semi better phone. All the phones out lately are semi better. Im sticking with my droid til 2ghz badass phone motorola promised. If they dont make one then i guess im going to have my droid awhile. :)

I don't mind either I'm not tired of the d1 yet... I don't necessarily need a 2ghz phone but I'd like an fm transmitter/hdmi/4 inch screen and 1ghz at the min w more internal space... 16gb external has been perfect for me...and must be rom-able :)

edit-forgot the battery...I'll need one that I can beat up and last me over 4hrs

SANhacker

Reaction score
I'm loving my rooted Droid for now. By the time I upgrade my Droid 1, the X, Pro, 2, 3 and 4 will be obsolete so why be jealous.

Shelooga

Reaction score
id upgrade right now if i wanted to. honestly, waiting 2 years to save 200 dollars is a joke. this is the longest ive ever had a single phone (since day one of the new revolution!). my droid has just about every feature you can get in an android phone available, sans 3mp of camera, traded for my +.25g of cpu power, so im in no rush. once theres a droid with 10+mp and a front facing camera, hopefully the perfect 4.0" of screen at 1080, maybe twin 1g processors and xray vision... then ill be upgrading. anything right now would be a waste of money just to say, oh! i have a new phone!

long live liquid froyo and the droid!

Azurikai

Reaction score
i personally am very happy with my DROID1. It is still a very good phone, and the new phones that have come out are not really extremely better at the moment. Android is still new, growing, and is getting extremely better with each release, so in 2 years, I guarantee my upgrade will be an amazing new DROID, and I'd rather save the money until then.

Mule65

Reaction score
Have you recorded and watched a video on the X? It's amazing.