Any Droid 1 Owners in a contract till 2012 jealous about new devices?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I have been jealous of the coming DroidPro for a long time but since the release of it's stats I could care less about it really, I'm so far not impressed. The Droid1 is the most customizable phone out there and that's what I love about it. I won't switch until LTE is released.

droiddict

Reaction score
Nope. I eat, play, work and sleep with my Moto Droid and haven't seen anything that makes me regret ordering it when it first came out. I'm glad that it has a basic Android operating system and wonder if that will ever be available again. I'm sure by the time my next upgrade is available, I'll be ready to look around but not this year.

jimnutt

Reaction score
I'm with the LTE crowd. I see no point in updating until the LTE phones out, the D1 is quite capable and with it's unlocked bootloader, much more flexible than the later Moto phones.

NoKz

Reaction score
I'm in 'till Nov 2012 and I'm not jealous. Just got the GF the DroidX. Once it's boot loader is unlocked, I'll most likely jump to it or the Droid Pro. Unsure at the moment.

DroidDoes13

Reaction score
I hope everyone knows that you can upgrade after one year on your primary line... don't have to wait two years. You can get a new phone on contract price plus something like $20 (can possibly talk a manager into waiving fee). You will not get your $50 new every two discount when you do this and you have a new two year contract from that date, so your new every two will be pushed back.
If I see a phone I really want it is worth losing the discount.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pepsi149

Reaction score
why be jealous....ive got a phone that kicks ass...and by the time my contract is up ill be able to see whats works and whats garbage....and by then maybe they will have a phone thats as good as the droid 1....

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a simple cure if you're jealous. Just pay Verizon the money they lent you when you got your Droid and they'll lend you the money for a new one.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I played with a Droid 2 today and while I do like the placement of some the keys on the physical keyboard it wasn't that much better.

The X has a really nice screen, but without a keyboard that's a no-go for me.

I'm pretty happy with the Droid. I'm sure by the time I can upgrade in December 2011 there will be some real quantum leaps taken.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just because your in a contract does not mean you are tied to the device that you have...You can at any time pay full retail and get what you want......

mrgagentleman

Reaction score
A little jealous, but not overbearingly.

I'm not upgrading from my D1 until the 4G phones comes out. Then I'll get jealous.

KShizzle

Reaction score
I know I am. I want a Droid 2 so bad. The keyboard looks so much better to use and overall its just a much sleeker device. I love my droid and all, but I'm kinda regretting upgrading early just so i could get a Droid asap...

anyone else feel the same way I do? lol

Yeah, I feel the exact same way. Just got the Motorola D1 a month or so ago- and I really want the Droid X. But I'm sure Motorola will come out with an even better phone in 2012! dancedroid

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Not at all. Mine is up sometime next year but nothing has come out so far that I would upgrade too anyway. There will always be something "newer and better" coming out.

I feel pretty much the same way... Whenever you buy a piece of technology, you know that in 6 months to a year there's going to be something that's faster/cheaper/better. It's just the way it works. I like my Droid enough to stick with it until there's something that has the Droid 2's keyboard and 4G capability. That'll be the next Droid that I buy.

Having said that, the new Droid 2 keyboard is the keyboard that the original Droid should've had! Other than that, I have no complaints about it... So it has a faster CPU -- big deal. I can make my Droid's CPU faster by overclocking it. The screen on the Droid is still excellent, even if it's not quite the size/resolution of the new ones. Everything I liked about my Droid when it was new, I still like now. I'm not concerned with upgrading anytime soon.

My contract runs out in November, 2011, because I bought my Droid on opening day last year. My new-every-two discount hits a few months before that (they call it new-every-two, but it's really new-every-20-months, it would appear). By then, hopefully there will be a Droid out that has 4G capabilities. That'll be a real reason to upgrade. 'Till then, I'm happy with what I've got.