Another Google Voice question - quick

stevens_5

Reaction score
i have GV on my droid. i made a call to someone i dont want them knowing its 'me' BUT if they have my Gmail account on their gmail.com page (where the contacts/chat bar is) can they right click or do ANYTHING to see who is affiliated with that number? like is my GV number linked to my Gmail account in ANY way or completely secure?

like if one of you guys has my ********@gmail.com added, and I call you from my GV number - can you trace it back to see who I am?

ALSO, if this person calls back my GV number and i havent set up GV voicemail, will it go to my "Hey this is Bob, sorry i missed your call..." (personal) voicemail then they can see who it is?

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that no matter which number someone call for me the google voice VM has taken over. as for the other question i dont know, if you want to hide its you get Caller ID faker and you can make the call come from any number you choose with no way to trace it back to you.

OP
S

stevens_5

Reaction score
soooooo if i were to call your cell phone number from MY GV number, will it show up as the number i chose when i set it up (becuase i notice when i dial it says "dialing via ***-***-**** which isnt the GV number i chose)

and also, are you saying that the number i called from my GV number earlier, actually showed up as a call from MY CELL NUMBER FROM VERIZON??

im confused..i thought since it asked me "Call with google voice/Call without Google Voice) when i hit "WITH GOOGLE VOICE" that my cell number was blocked...

please help, this is important

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you call fro GV number its that number, i dont know if they will be able to trace it back to you.

OP
S

stevens_5

Reaction score
on my GV settings online, should i have the box checked that says "Forward to Mobile Number: (my number here)

if so, does that mean the caller will hear MY Verizon set up voicemail (therefore knowing it is ME or will they hear my GV voicemail

robyr

Reaction score
It boggles my mind what sort of fake call would be worth this. Why don't you just call a phone from your number and see?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
on my GV settings online, should i have the box checked that says "Forward to Mobile Number: (my number here)

if so, does that mean the caller will hear MY Verizon set up voicemail (therefore knowing it is ME or will they hear my GV voicemail
It has nothing to do with that option. The option just enables GV to forward to the phone with an incoming call. If it's unchecked, that phone won't ring when your GV number is called.

Voicemail depends on how you've set up conditional call forwarding on your phone. The "Activate Google voicemail on this phone" link on the full GV site will walk you through it.

It boggles my mind what sort of fake call would be worth this. Why don't you just call a phone from your number and see?
IMO, if you're going to pull a scam/prank/whatever then take the initiative to do your own testing. Does the OP really not have access to a second phone at all for testing?