Another facebook question.....

Pagey33

Reaction score
Am I missing something or is it not possible to change your "status update" with stock facebook app or by using the browser?

The STOCK APP won't even let you see the tab to change status. You can add "whats on your mind" comments...but this is different and won't display on your status.
I'm not sure what the difference is anyway.
And you cannot adjust the news feed to show only status updates.

The BROWSER can get to the "status update" box but when you select it the keyboard won't come up to allow you to type anything....it just highlights the box.....no keyboard comes up.
But you can go to full site and adjust the news feed to only see status updates.

BLOO will let you change your status.
But the news feed cannot be set up to only show your friends status updates......it shows everything which gets annoying.

So from what I gather-
use Bloo to change status.

use browser to see news feed of your choice.

use stock app for pretty much anything except changing status and adjusting news feed.

Anybody have thoughts or suggestions on this......Thanks!

Reaction score
Am I missing something or is it not possible to change your "status update" with stock facebook app or by using the browser?

The STOCK APP won't even let you see the tab to change status. You can add "whats on your mind" comments...but this is different and won't display on your status.
I'm not sure what the difference is anyway.
And you cannot adjust the news feed to show only status updates.

The BROWSER can get to the "status update" box but when you select it the keyboard won't come up to allow you to type anything....it just highlights the box.....no keyboard comes up.
But you can go to full site and adjust the news feed to only see status updates.

BLOO will let you change your status.
But the news feed cannot be set up to only show your friends status updates......it shows everything which gets annoying.

So from what I gather-
use Bloo to change status.

use browser to see news feed of your choice.

use stock app for pretty much anything except changing status and adjusting news feed.

Anybody have thoughts or suggestions on this......Thanks!

You can change your status from both the mobile web version and the app. I believe the "what's on your mind" thing is just filler.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
The whats on your mind area is the status update area. It says the same thing on the main website from my pc.

OP
Pagey33

Pagey33

Reaction score
You can change your status from both the mobile web version and the app. I believe the "what's on your mind" thing is just filler.[/QUOTE]

On my pc I select "friends" on the left of the home screen...it then has a drop down which shows "recently updated" and "status updates" to select. This sorts out which feed you wish to see.
I and most of my friends monitor the "status updates" to see what's up with everyone.

If you post something like "going to beach" using the app.
It will NOT show up as your "status".
The app is posting this as "news".
They are 2 different feeds and if your friends are watching "status updates" they won't see it.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
You are right, I did not know that. Weird. When you post in the "whats on your mind" area under the news feed on the pc, it goes to your status area. Another negative for the android app.

OP
Pagey33

Pagey33

Reaction score
You are right, I did not know that. Weird. When you post in the "whats on your mind" area under the news feed on the pc, it goes to your status area. Another negative for the android app.

ha ha....Thanks!
It's real hard to explain....but I guess I was finally able to type
what exactly I meant.

I was told alot of this stems from the Google-Facebook relationship.
I guess they are not on the best of terms.
The app isn't keepin up with the minor tweeks that facebook has done over the past month or so.

A Droid support member(Johnny Kansas) said this to me-

Facebook api (application protocol interface, I believe) dictates how apps interact with the server. It's crap...iphone and blackberry apps are what they call "trusted partners," so they have better interface by default. Facebook needs t io pull its head out of its dark place and get over its issues with Google for the benefit of loyal users like us...

That about sums it up!