Yet another facebook question/observation...

Pagey33

Reaction score
Am I missing something or is it not possible to change your "status update" with stock facebook app or by using the browser?

The STOCK APP won't even let you see the tab to change status. You can add "whats on your mind" comments...but this is different and won't display on your status.
I'm not sure what the difference is anyway.
And you cannot adjust the news feed to show only status updates.

The BROWSER can get to the "status update" box but when you select it the keyboard won't come up to allow you to type anything....it just highlights the box.....no keyboard comes up.
But you can go to full site and adjust the news feed to only see status updates.

BLOO will let you change your status.
But the news feed cannot be set up to only show your friends status updates......it shows everything which gets annoying.

So from what I gather-
use Bloo to change status.

use browser to see news feed of your choice.

use stock app for pretty much anything except changing status and adjusting news feed.

Anybody have thoughts or suggestions on this......Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm an avid bloo user. I use it for everything. How i adjust my feed is, i periodically log on from my pc. When viewing the feed and I see those annoying things you mentioned, if I put my mouse over that post ("Bob earned 2000 seed planters in Farmville"), a little box comes up in the top right. Click that and you can block all feeds from those annoying apps. Not only does this un clutter the feed in bloo, but also the pc. You might even be able to do it by getting yourself to the touch site, clicking for the full site, and doing the same thing. No promises there though. :D

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I block crap all the time from the pc on the full site...it has saved soooo much spam crap from showing up on the wall feed.

OP
Pagey33

Pagey33

Reaction score
I get what your sayin....but the news feed on Bloo is different than when you have the option to select status updates only to show like you can on your pc.
On my pc I select "friends" on the left of the home screen...it then has a drop down which shows "recently updated" and "status updates" to select. This sorts out which feed you wish to see.
This cannot be done on Bloo.

Thanks for the reply!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
In my experience, few things are exactly the same on a phone as a pc. Your issue is a problem with facebook api. Facebook is very stingy with the things a third party app can do. Have you tried using the full site on the phone? Might be able to access what you want...

OP
Pagey33

Pagey33

Reaction score
In my experience, few things are exactly the same on a phone as a pc. Your issue is a problem with facebook api. Facebook is very stingy with the things a third party app can do. Have you tried using the full site on the phone? Might be able to access what you want...

I can do everything I need but it takes Bloo and full site on phone browser.
I detailed this in my first post.
I know The Iphone facebook app allows you to do everything where-as the Droid seems
to have it's limitations.
I've seen many complaints regarding this on other posts.
Maybe Droid needs more time to come up with a better app.

I was just hopin someone new of another app....or another solution to do everything with one app.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Facebook api (application protocol interface, I believe) dictates how apps interact with the server. It's crap...iphone and blackberry apps are what they call "trusted partners," so they have better interface by default. Facebook needs t io pull its head out of its dark place and get over its issues with Google for the benefit of loyal users like us...