facebook widget question.

issues636

Reaction score
alright, i hate the facebook app, so i don't use it. at all. i use the touch site til something better comes out. but i wanna have the widget on my homescreen for easy status updates. i just added the widget to my homepage... and it's showing statuses from about a week and a half ago. how does the widget work? seems kinda pointless to wanna see statuses from a week ago. can i get it to show the Live Feed?

Stretch2m

Reaction score
I don't know what Google was thinking with the Facebook widget. It is unusable! 1) It does not honor the people I choose to "hide" in Facebook. I have friended a couple people who post some of the most asinine comments, so I hid them in the web app, but the widget still shows their posts. 2) When I tap the right button to go to the next post, it jumps back to the first post within seconds.

I think with the old posts it might be due to the comments. I think each time a new comment is added to a post in Facebook, the Facebook app / widget both see this as a reason to move the post back to the top of the list. But that's just a theory.

Sorry I can't offer any other alternatives. I have no idea why nobody has developed a decent Facebook widget - maybe the Facebook API doesn't provide the necessary functionality for developers. Anyway, I just wanted to pile on and vent, as well as tell you you are not alone.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I have the facebook touch stock app in a "just more widgets" app. It holds 4 apps in the space of one. I have FB and MS and Twitter and eBuddy (a chat app) in it. I do have the useless fb widget but use it ONLY for updating my own status quickly, nothing more. I have the Mypsace one for the same reason...

One will eventually come out though... until then, I'll use FB Touch or m.facebook

each app has it's advantages and disadvantages, it's why I use all 3

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
I don't know what Google was thinking with the Facebook widget. It is unusable! 1) It does not honor the people I choose to "hide" in Facebook. I have friended a couple people who post some of the most asinine comments, so I hid them in the web app, but the widget still shows their posts. 2) When I tap the right button to go to the next post, it jumps back to the first post within seconds.

I think with the old posts it might be due to the comments. I think each time a new comment is added to a post in Facebook, the Facebook app / widget both see this as a reason to move the post back to the top of the list. But that's just a theory.

Sorry I can't offer any other alternatives. I have no idea why nobody has developed a decent Facebook widget - maybe the Facebook API doesn't provide the necessary functionality for developers. Anyway, I just wanted to pile on and vent, as well as tell you you are not alone.

i think that's exactly what it's doing. jumping old posts because of new replies to it. which is exactly what the News Feed does. i wanna switch it over to Live Feed. guess i'm outta luck there..

You can use the LG Ally Socialite app as a much improved Facebook widget.

The app can be found here: Download: LG Ally Socialite App | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

i'll definitely give that a shot right now. thanks for the suggestion.

I have the facebook touch stock app in a "just more widgets" app. It holds 4 apps in the space of one. I have FB and MS and Twitter and eBuddy (a chat app) in it. I do have the useless fb widget but use it ONLY for updating my own status quickly, nothing more. I have the Mypsace one for the same reason...

One will eventually come out though... until then, I'll use FB Touch or m.facebook

each app has it's advantages and disadvantages, it's why I use all 3

like i said in the OP, i use the touch site as well. i use ebuddy for chats, i use touiteur for twitter, i hate myspace in general so i don't even need anything for that, and i use the touch site for facebook. and the reason you have the facebook widget, is the exact reason i want it. just to update my status without having to open the website, or open my texts and search for the facebook number and send it. but if i have to waste a 2x2 space on my screen for it, i'd at least want it to show the right posts. not expecting much from it. =/

i'm gonna check out that "just more widgets" though. sounds like it could be really useful.

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
You can use the LG Ally Socialite app as a much improved Facebook widget.

The app can be found here: Download: LG Ally Socialite App | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

just tried it

its okay as a widget but worse than stock as a facebook ap imo. hard to reply to people

yeah i just tried it out for the past hour or two. i have my likes and dislikes, but decided i'm gonna stick with the touch site and stock widget. i don't like the fact that it's a full screen widget (i have tumblr, foursquare, tapatalk and a bookmark) that i like to keep on the same screen. i like keeping all my social apps/sites together like that. and with the app itself, it took me about 9 tries before it actually let me connect, i kept getting some error. it takes extremely long to load at times, and was a pain replying to people at times. it basically works when it wants to it seems =/

Bloo is the best facebook app, but no widget

i've already tried bloo. and notifications don't work unless it's a friend request, poke, or photo comment. no message notifications, no wall post notifiations, no status reply notifications. the only reason i would use the whole app is if the notifications actually worked, like on my ipod touch. so the widget is my main concern.

metsnfins

Reaction score
bloo notifications work well for me now, they never used to but now they do.

Also, uploading videos on bloo is a snap, and you cant do it from the native ap.

Uploading pics to specific folders rather than mobile uploads on bloo is easy too

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
bloo notifications work well for me now, they never used to but now they do.

Also, uploading videos on bloo is a snap, and you cant do it from the native ap.

Uploading pics to specific folders rather than mobile uploads on bloo is easy too

unless bloo had an update in the past month (which i don't think so, i'm not positive but the last i heard, the dev was pretty much giving up on bloo cause he didn't have enough support) then the notifications weren't working for me. i tried it near the end of may. maybe the last week of may. made a second facebook account and messaged/commented/everything my first account, to see which notifications worked and which didn't.
like i said pokes worked, photo comments worked, friend requests worked, but no matter how many times i tried, or how long i waited, i never got notifications for wall posts, status replies, messages, etc. the important stuff basically.

metsnfins

Reaction score
I get notifications on everything

just opened bloo and going to my notification screen right now:

aaa commented on your link
xxx commented on yyy's status
ddd commented on her status
eee likes your link
ppp likes your photo
jjj commented on her wall post

hmmm maybe when people comment on my status im not getting it, im not sure
and i guess when people post on my wall i dont get it, guess i see your point

oh well

y0manda

Reaction score
This widget is scrollable can use facebook, twitter emails, texts g mail. I love it. Is this what you are lookin for?

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 284

validoption

Reaction score
This widget is scrollable can use facebook, twitter emails, texts g mail. I love it. Is this what you are lookin for?

What app allows you to do that?

That is Pure Messenger Widget. It's like 1.29 Euros (about $1.53, since the Euro dipped about .20 on the $). I just downloaded it today, actually, and I'm loving it as well as a replacement FB widget.