Another Bionic that can't get a data connection... no 4G/3G/1X signal.. only wifi...

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
I had the same problem and VZW said to remove the battery and sim card while the phone is on, wait 30 seconds, install battery and sim card then reboot. I have had continuous 4g for approximately 24 hours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Just wait ive been having tons of problems with both phones its retarded how someone offers a service that isn't fully functioning correctly! :thumbdown:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

marks

Reaction score
I'm in Houston. And unless Verizon is having network problems (ala Comcast cable), my Bionic is now unable to get any data signal on Verizons OTA system.

Ya, I saw another thread, but I started a new one on purpose so that people can see if it's a growing problem instead of an isolated incident.

If no data signal by tomorrow morning, my 1st stop will be to the Verizon store to exchange it. I will raise holy hell if they try to charge me anything for it too.

I was hoping this phone was gonna kick ass... but with problems like this, it's practically at POS status in my book.

Is this all beginning to sound like the nationwide problem I have too? The latest Droid apps for Facebook are not allowing us to access our photo albums (it's not necessarily a Verzon phone) as mine is an LG Optimus I've had for 4 months and everything was fine until about Christmas Day, (Merry Cristmas- No More Photo Images!???) the same error is occuring with many peoples phones- you click photos in your FB site and you get > [http:webpage is not available]. I have found no solution for this- please help! Is there a fix for this? I see many forums saying the same thing regardless of the phone manufacturer.- Than for any help, Mark S [email protected]

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
The phone isn't junk its the area you are in. you could get any new 4g phone and will have the same problems. I had it bad when I first got it then we got 4g and haven't had a single issue for several months. You are just gonna have to be patient for updates and for them to get the towers in order.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

No the Phone is junk and a complete waste of money. It has nothing to do with having or not having 4G. When i actually have 3G service it works fine, but i rarely get data connection to use. Pretty much everyday i have to restart my phone a few times before the connection will kick on and work. Which then it will work for about a hour or so then kick back off again. Not only that there are MANY MANY other issues with this phone, just seems like they slapped it together quick to release it instead of making sure it works correctly. So far after this new update i recieved Friday, it has been working much better so hopefully it continues to. If this phone worked like its supposed to id love it. The biggest thing that upsets me is that Verizon can sell you a phone that doesn't work and then replace it with a crappy refurbished phone. Then when that doesn't work they'll just send you phone after phone instead of just letting you switch to a different phone.
When i pay over $300 for a phone, it better work exactly as advertised and if not you either fix it or refund me the money

wooddale

Reaction score
No the Phone is junk and a complete waste of money. It has nothing to do with having or not having 4G. When i actually have 3G service it works fine, but i rarely get data connection to use. Pretty much everyday i have to restart my phone a few times before the connection will kick on and work. Which then it will work for about a hour or so then kick back off again. Not only that there are MANY MANY other issues with this phone, just seems like they slapped it together quick to release it instead of making sure it works correctly. So far after this new update i recieved Friday, it has been working much better so hopefully it continues to. If this phone worked like its supposed to id love it. The biggest thing that upsets me is that Verizon can sell you a phone that doesn't work and then replace it with a crappy refurbished phone. Then when that doesn't work they'll just send Wyou phone after phone instead of just letting you switch to a different phone. I
When i pay over $300 for a phone, it better work exactly as advertised and if not you either fix it or refund me the money
W hat update did you get friday 893?

Ja5on L

Reaction score
See I called today because for 3 days now they have been telling me to take the battery out, then the sim and wait 30 seconds. So I do, 2 days ago it worked for about 8 hours went to sleep woke up and bam, nothing just 1x svc. Then today I call they say well there is no outage in your area that has been fixed since wends (really cause Thursday they said it was still down) so basically unless I am on WIFI I can't do anything data related. Very annoying to say the least

wooddale

Reaction score
I think Boosted is wright the phone is junk Im back on the Thunderbolt no problems.Bionic worked like crap all day today

Ja5on L

Reaction score
I am about to grab my Droid X out of the closet and go back to it. Getting REALLY tired of all the connectoin issues in the last 2 months I have had.

marks

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your cell tower woes guys but I guess I posted my wrong prob here

See I called today because for 3 days now they have been telling me to take the battery out, then the sim and wait 30 seconds. So I do, 2 days ago it worked for about 8 hours went to sleep woke up and bam, nothing just 1x svc. Then today I call they say well there is no outage in your area that has been fixed since wends (really cause Thursday they said it was still down) so basically unless I am on WIFI I can't do anything data related. Very annoying to say the least

I was hoping that one of you might relate and inform us of why Facebook has gone into a bad apps condition nationally since Christmas Day, as it all-of-a- -sudden does not allow to see our photo albums. There is apparently no fix. It is apparently a bad app that is affecting all phones and services regardless of locale or phone brands. Do any of you have any repair info about this?

Thanks for any info,

Mark,
Portland/Sandy Oregon

davecor

Reaction score
I've been having periods of data loss on my Bionic since the update. Went to VZW and the clerk (who also uses a Bionic) immediately acknowledged the problem and ascribed it to a software glitch that VZW reportedly is aware of and is working on. The "band-aid" is to go to 3G, not very satisfactory. Don't know yet how successful this willl be as an interim measure.

wooddale

Reaction score
I've been having periods of data loss on my Bionic since the update. Went to VZW and the clerk (who also uses a Bionic) immediately acknowledged the problem and ascribed it to a software glitch that VZW reportedly is aware of and is working on. The "band-aid" is to go to 3G, not very satisfactory. Don't know yet how successful this willl be as an interim measure.

If I had to stay on 3G I would be on my overclocked romed up DX

robertwdc

Reaction score
Data connection issues never ending with Verizon / Droid Bionic

I was so excited when the update came out late last night foolishly thinking it was going to miraculously solve my data connection issues I was having on my droid bionic, but here it is a couple of weeks later and I (along with a ton of other people it seems) are still plagued with not only obtaining a data connection but keeping one. Ugh. My question though is... and I'm still confused...is this a Verizon 4G lte problem or a continuing problem with the droid bionic? I'm almost thinking it maybe a Verizon problem - but maybe a combination of both.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I was so excited when the update came out late last night foolishly thinking it was going to miraculously solve my data connection issues I was having on my droid bionic, but here it is a couple of weeks later and I (along with a ton of other people it seems) are still plagued with not only obtaining a data connection but keeping one. Ugh. My question though is... and I'm still confused...is this a Verizon 4G lte problem or a continuing problem with the droid bionic? I'm almost thinking it maybe a Verizon problem - but maybe a combination of both.

Most all, if not all, 4g LTE VZW phones are experiencing data droppage. I tend to believe it is more of a network issue than the devices themselves.

wooddale

Reaction score
Most all, if not all, 4g LTE VZW phones are experiencing data droppage. I tend to believe it is more of a network issue than the devices themselves.

Your correct bud but not like the Bionic. IMO the Bionic has a Special non working relationship with LTE. I think this is why it is not getting fixed I think it may be a Id like to say hardware problem but I cant really say that because I dont know enough. All I know is a phne that is 4 months old with a serious problem like that should have been fixed if it could.

sg1strgt

Reaction score
Not that this will mean anything to you but do you know that Verizon does not manufacturer phones? The Bionic is made by Motorola and THEY have issues with the software in the device and THEY are the ones you should be crying to.

wooddale

Reaction score
Not that this will mean anything to you but do you know that Verizon does not manufacturer phones? The Bionic is made by Motorola and THEY have issues with the software in the device and THEY are the ones you should be crying to.

I agree with you but I dont think it works that way you didnt buy the phone from Moto. The first thing Moto will say is we didnt sell you the phone. You have to go after Verizon and in turn if you win they would have to go to Moto I think.