Another Bionic that can't get a data connection... no 4G/3G/1X signal.. only wifi...

mb923

Reaction score
This started for me yesterday. I have had no data connection except Wi-Fi for the last 24 hours or so.

I tried Airplane Mode on/off trick, Battery pull, left the phone off for several minutes. No luck with anything.

Looks like a Factory Reset did it. Although as of now the 4G LTE logo at the top is in White. Previously it wasn't appearing on screen at all.

mb923

Reaction score
If its white you hsve no data

Yes I know, hasn't turned to blue yet but probably will be a while. Right now I have to do the unusual thing and reinstall all my apps and change each of my screens, ughhh

I thank you gall for the tips given earlier.

wooddale

Reaction score
Yes I know, hasn't turned to blue yet but probably will be a while. Right now I have to do the unusual thing and reinstall all my apps and change each of my screens, ughhh

I thank you gall for the tips given earlier.

I would try and get that blue first if you cant then there is probably something wrong with phone eor real. try all the tricks till it turns blue

Hoodedzeus

Reaction score
I have a nexus...wife has a rezound and my brother has a bionic. Today early morning we all lost data. Only wifi would work and it would still not surf the web. This happened on all three phones. Verizon had me go into each phone and check the box "enable data while roaming". He went on and rambled about how the towers are under contract and bla bla bla. I'm on a nationwide plan so the roaming thing doesn't matter but I did get my 3 and 4G back by doing this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cebosound

Reaction score
This happened on all three phones. Verizon had me go into each phone and check the box "enable data while roaming".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Hmmm. Interesting. .... Good TIp. thanks for sharing.

dominoe

Reaction score
So I have the latest build, I'm aware of outages on the verizon network back on 12/21 and still, there are data connectivity issues. What gives? I'm a long-time droid fan. Had the droid x prior to the bionic and had some email issues (corp/other emails kept deleting themselves) and battery life issues with that phone. I went to the local store and got another/new droid x and the email issues no longer happened but the battery life was still mediocre. Outside of this, loved the phone and operating system. So I decided to take the plunge and get the bionic when my contract with verizon expired back in September. I have since had to get the extended battery since the regular one wasn't cutting it. Outside of this, the only frustrating thing for me right now (and it's a BIG ONE) is the loss of data connectivity. I've read through this particular thread and have had the SAME issues most of you have posted here. Goes from 4g to 3g to 1x to nothing or any mix of this (sometimes from 3g to nothing at all). It's completely random...happening at different times of the day, different locations, etc. Makes you wonder - where is the issue? The network or the phone? Is it Motorola or Verizon that should be addressing this? Or both?? Either way, if one or both doesn't do something soon, I may be switching over to the 'dark side' and get an iPhone.

wooddale

Reaction score
So I have the latest build, I'm aware of outages on the verizon network back on 12/21 and still, there are data connectivity issues. What gives? I'm a long-time droid fan. Had the droid x prior to the bionic and had some email issues (corp/other emails kept deleting themselves) and battery life issues with that phone. I went to the local store and got another/new droid x and the email issues no longer happened but the battery life was still mediocre. Outside of this, loved the phone and operating system. So I decided to take the plunge and get the bionic when my contract with verizon expired back in September. I have since had to get the extended battery since the regular one wasn't cutting it. Outside of this, the only frustrating thing for me right now (and it's a BIG ONE) is the loss of data connectivity. I've read through this particular thread and have had the SAME issues most of you have posted here. Goes from 4g to 3g to 1x to nothing or any mix of this (sometimes from 3g to nothing at all). It's completely random...happening at different times of the day, different locations, etc. Makes you wonder - where is the issue? The network or the phone? Is it Motorola or Verizon that should be addressing this? Or both?? Either way, if one or both doesn't do something soon, I may be switching over to the 'dark side' and get an iPhone.

I think it is a combo of both the Bionic and 4g dont see eye to eye.

BobbyyHalo

Reaction score
I have filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Verizon regarding this issue. I suggest everyone do the same. This is not an acceptable act and not proper business etiquette at all. Since my complaint I have been in direct contact with Verizon wireless executive relations and have been credited $29.99 every month since September. I will continue to be credited every month until the problem is 100% fixed.

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
My phone is so screwed up and hasn't worked since day one. My data connection NEVER works and will only work if it says 3G highlighted in blue. It freezes constantly, turns back on by itself all the time, but never being able to get any data or signal to use anything is the biggest problem that pisses me off.
I have been to verizon a few times about this and again today. i told them i DO NOT want this crappy phone cause it doesn't work and hasn't worked since day one and they told me im stuck with it. They'll just keep sending me replacements even though they don't work. So basically they don't want to admit the phone is junk and fix the problem

portermac

Reaction score
My phone is so screwed up and hasn't worked since day one. My data connection NEVER works and will only work if it says 3G highlighted in blue. It freezes constantly, turns back on by itself all the time, but never being able to get any data or signal to use anything is the biggest problem that pisses me off.
I have been to verizon a few times about this and again today. i told them i DO NOT want this crappy phone cause it doesn't work and hasn't worked since day one and they told me im stuck with it. They'll just keep sending me replacements even though they don't work. So basically they don't want to admit the phone is junk and fix the problem

The phone isn't junk its the area you are in. you could get any new 4g phone and will have the same problems. I had it bad when I first got it then we got 4g and haven't had a single issue for several months. You are just gonna have to be patient for updates and for them to get the towers in order.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
Your not 100% correct Im in a strong 4G area my phone works good here most times but as soon as I have to switch from 4G to 3G thats when I have the problem. The phone is supposed to work everywhere granted there will be dead spots Im in ILL around the airport there are no dead spots around here and it still doesnt work all the time when I travel. I also filled a complaint with the BBB If enough people do it they will have no choice but refund your money or fix your phone. If you dont do it they will do nothing.