Another "Basic Question" Thread

Audiophobe

Reaction score
1- At work I leave my phone on my desk. I don't know if I get a text message, phone call, or email unless I check. On my old phone (LG Voyager) I would have a message (I don't recall the detail) that there was a missed message or call. How can I set the Droid up for this? Maybe there is an alarm alert that repeats but obviouly it doesn't repeat rapidly enough to solve the problem.
2- When the Droid goes to "sleep" I have to press the on/off button to have the screen come on then sweep the unlock to use the Droid. Doesn't this seem redundant to have to unlock the phone twice? This is really annoying.

Thanks!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1- At work I leave my phone on my desk. I don't know if I get a text message, phone call, or email unless I check. On my old phone (LG Voyager) I would have a message (I don't recall the detail) that there was a missed message or call. How can I set the Droid up for this? Maybe there is an alarm alert that repeats but obviouly it doesn't repeat rapidly enough to solve the problem.
2- When the Droid goes to "sleep" I have to press the on/off button to have the screen come on then sweep the unlock to use the Droid. Doesn't this seem redundant to have to unlock the phone twice? This is really annoying.

Thanks!

(1) you have to check the notifiaction bar. On my BB it blinked red until I checked it and cleared the message. The Droid doesn't do that. I am trying to find an app for that. That will change the notifiactaion style.

(2) I have to do the same thing. I would like to be able to just touch the screen to wake it up. It works atleast. Sometimes waking my Storm up was a battry pull :)

Last edited:
OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score

Thanks!

(1) you have to check the notifiaction bar. On my BB it blinked red until I checked it and cleared the message. The Droid doesn't do that. I am trying to find an app for that. That will change the notifiactaion style.

(2) I have to do the same thing. I would like to be able to just touch the screen to wake it up. I works atleast. Sometimes waking my Storm up was a battry pull :)

These are pretty basic problems, especially the wake up issue.
I'm surprised that I haven't seen others complaining about this.
Is there a place to find "fix" apps (like for the above or for app fixers likethe presumed to come camera focus?
It would be great to have a separate area or category for this.

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
I agree. I haven't been checking my messages because I forget. Since there is no notification like other phones do, I tend to not check. When I do hear the notification and I check, I see that there may be one or two that I missed while I was a way from the phone.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

(2) I have to do the same thing. I would like to be able to just touch the screen to wake it up. I works atleast. Sometimes waking my Storm up was a battry pull :)

Is there a place to find "fix" apps (like for the above or for app fixers likethe presumed to come camera focus?

If it's an App it would be in that section. I haven't found anything to help the notifiactions yet.

The camera issue is going to be a fix via the OTA update due on Dec. 11th. I'm sure when or if that update is available. We will post an announcement for everyone.

My Droid

Reaction score
I noticed on my Droid that there is a small green blinking light just above the upper right-hand corner of the screen that indicates I have a voice mail or text. I presume this probably applies to all types of message. Have someone text or call you but do not answer and wait a few seconds for it to start blinking.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
Well I guess these issues annoy more people than I thought.
I assume that Motorola monitors forums like these or maybe there is a way to communicate such basic everyday every use issues like these.

mjs31

Reaction score

If it's an App it would be in that section. I haven't found anything to help the notifiactions yet.

The camera issue is going to be a fix via the OTA update due on Dec. 11th. I'm sure when or if that update is available. We will post an announcement for everyone.

"Missed call" can control the led lights and vibrations. Problem is...they are having issues with the calendar part right now. It is free. I bet there are other apps that will nag you if needed.

I cant remember how my Iphone did things (brief time with it). Did I touch the screen or a button and then swipe....similar situation as this one though and it did not have any led. There are also apps out there to remind you of missed calls, texts etc. They can be set to follow up after a certain amount of time. I think that the app like Missed call will work well when they get the calendar part fixed. You can change led color as well.

Last edited:
OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score

"Missed call" can control the led lights and vibrations. Problem is...they are having issues with the calendar part right now. It is free. I bet there are other apps that will nag you if needed.

Didn't understand that post.

Last edited:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Didn't understand that post.

" Missed call" is an app. He's saying it has issues with the calander still though

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
There's no audio alarm for reminder to view messages/calls pending, but it does have the GREEN LED light that blinks on the top right of the screen.

I kind of miss the beep on my DARE when messages/calls pending, but i guess as a battery saver for long unattended phones, the light works out to be a better indicator.

I know people who've left there phone unattended because they were at the GYM, SWIMMING, MEETINGS, or sleeping, and found upon retrieving their phone the battery was dead or close to being dead.

I don't think its an issue as much as a pet peeve to individuals, people need to change their CELL PHONE HABITS when using The DROID, Hey Look At Your Phone! now you have to be attentive. check the market... there may be a reminder app.

lauriep

Reaction score
The initial notification sound, and the green flashing light, work for me. I have had phones that continuously remind you and I HATED IT! SHUT UP ALREADY! If you know that you receive important messages all day, how hard is it to glance at your phone's message light? You have it out a lot anyway texting, emailing, browsing, calling, so IMO very little time goes by where it would not catch your attention.

Reaction score
the call alert does need to be fix, but in terms of waking the screen, idk what there is to do. if you make it so all you have to do is touch the screen, then every time the screen touches something in you pocket, like your leg, the screen would turn on, not unlocked, but on. and it would kill the battery. if they made it so you only need to press the top button. i could see many scenarios where that button could be pressed by accident, turning your phone on.

keiichi25

Reaction score
The initial notification sound, and the green flashing light, work for me. I have had phones that continuously remind you and I HATED IT! SHUT UP ALREADY! If you know that you receive important messages all day, how hard is it to glance at your phone's message light? You have it out a lot anyway texting, emailing, browsing, calling, so IMO very little time goes by where it would not catch your attention.

Heh... That's just the basic Verizon Programming for most of the phones. The ones that didn't have that, to my knowledge, is the Blackberries and Droid.

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
the call alert does need to be fix, but in terms of waking the screen, idk what there is to do. if you make it so all you have to do is touch the screen, then every time the screen touches something in you pocket, like your leg, the screen would turn on, not unlocked, but on. and it would kill the battery. if they made it so you only need to press the top button. i could see many scenarios where that button could be pressed by accident, turning your phone on.

That was a problem i had with the DARE, the screen engaged to easily.