Alarm Only Mode?

rakoom2002

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just came from an LG Voyager to the Droid, on my Voyager I had an option to set my ringers to "alarm only". This would allow my sound to be on for alarms but wouldnt let ringtones from calls or notification sounds through so I can sleep okay. Is there a feature like this on the droid for the alarm. Im currently using gentle alarm and if I have the sound on it lets all sound through...

mjs31

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just came from an LG Voyager to the Droid, on my Voyager I had an option to set my ringers to "alarm only". This would allow my sound to be on for alarms but wouldnt let ringtones from calls or notification sounds through so I can sleep okay. Is there a feature like this on the droid for the alarm. Im currently using gentle alarm and if I have the sound on it lets all sound through...

I know for a fact that if you go to the lock screen (screen after your droid goes into sleep mode) and turn it to silent from there (right hind swipe bar), it will turn off all ringers and notifications, but will still allow the alarm to ring through. You can test it with a quick alarm, but I use this method all the time. This being said, I only have used this with the built in alarm. You will need to see if it allows 3rd party alarms to work or not.

superglen99

Reaction score
I also know for a fact when I go to bed I set my alarm. Then I turn the sound completely off via the volume rocker on the side of the phone. The only sound that works is the alarm, perfect! Just make sure you set the alarm volume loud enough to wake you up lol. You csn do that from the stock alarm app

Steveindajeep

Reaction score
its in settings --> sounds and display. It's called silent mode.....very first option.

"All sounds except media and alarms are silent".

So when one lowers my ringer to off the alarm still rings.
im pretty sure it's checked by default.

Also use it all the time. :)

snowman

Reaction score
thanks for all that I'm new to that helps in getting set up
phone off alarm on good option