Unlock Slider on incoming phone call

Anupam

Reaction score
HI,

I have had this issue twice in the last 2 weeks but not able to replicate it.

When the phone is in sleep mode, I get a phone call. When I try to answer by sliding the unlock squence, it doesn't work. The on screen slider seems to be frozen and doesn't respond to my fingers.

After the call is missed and the phone stops ringing I can unlock by sliding the lock!

Any ideas?

-- Anupam

Last edited:

jjnagy

Reaction score
HI,

When the phone is in sleep mode, I get a phone call. When I try to answer by sliding the unlock squence, it doesn't work. The on screen slider seems to be frozen and doesn't respond to my fingers.

After the call is missed and the phone stops ringing I can unlock by sliding the lock!

Any ideas?

-- Anupam

Had the same problem, I had to use "myLock phone tools" to eliminate the slider problem. Changes to a soft button on screen and/or a hard button(camera) to answer calls. Give it a try.

Jeff

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
HI,

Any ideas?

-- Anupam

The problem is widespread. My guess is that it probably has to do with apps contending for attention by the o/s and failure to recognize the slide motion while that is going on. It's intermittent because it depends on what else is going on when the phone call comes in.

A couple of approaches seem to help. First, you might try waiting for a couple of seconds before "swiping" the lock screen. This seems to help. What doesn't help is to repeatedly swipe the screen trying to get the phone's attention. That seems only to overload the demands on the o/s even more.

Second, and somewhat more effective, is to download either "myLock Phone Tools" or "Tedd's Phone Tools" from the Market. Each places touch icons on your lock screen when a call comes in. The two icons, answer and ignore, seem to respond more reliably than the swipe motion.