Unable to answer my phone...

nitsuj

Reaction score
When I have an incoming call, I get the normal "Incoming call from xxx-xxx-xxxx" screen, but the 2 sliders are missing. Yesterday, I got a call and the answer slider was missing and only the ignore slider appeared. Today, neither slider was there. This has just happened the last 2 days. I haven't installed any new programs, or even performed any updates. Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I have an incoming call, I get the normal "Incoming call from xxx-xxx-xxxx" screen, but the 2 sliders are missing. Yesterday, I got a call and the answer slider was missing and only the ignore slider appeared. Today, neither slider was there. This has just happened the last 2 days. I haven't installed any new programs, or even performed any updates. Any ideas?

First, try just resetting the device if you haven't already (on/off). If that doesn't help then I would try a factory reset from the privacy settings. I don't believe a battery pull is going to be helpful but feel free to try that too if you'd like.

OP
nitsuj

nitsuj

Reaction score
Is a factory reset going to wipe the phone completely clean? All pictures and contacts lost etc?

crspang

Reaction score
As long as you have your contacts synchronized with gmail you wont lose them. Your pics are stored on your SD card, so no you wont lose those either.

cpinto

Reaction score

Do you have Auto Orientation enabled? I have heard that this confuses the sliders sometimes.

Hold off on the factory reset for the moment unless you have already done it.