Another 4G outage?

karns

Reaction score
an ominous sign of things to come?? can't even activate the thing bc 4g is down

Where are you? I'm in upstate NY. Just want to play with my new phone! Called and they said to call back TOMORROW if I still can't get it activated. Waaaaahhhh!!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is pretty sad when Verizon markets their 4G network as the fastest and most reliable. Why are we paying such a premium if we can't use data?

X

Arodnum1

Reaction score
This is pretty sad when Verizon markets their 4G network as the fastest and most reliable. Why are we paying such a premium if we can't use data?

X

Strike! Ya 4g out in Omaha, ugh, this is certainly getting old

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

doctraveler12

Reaction score
twiddling my thumbs waiting to activate my phone (or what is currently a new and expensive paperweight)....

baldy54

Reaction score
Back to wifi only in da U.P. Mich.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

doctraveler12

Reaction score
it picks up 4g for about 45 seconds during the activation process....then it loses it and says that the phone can't be activated

(the phone is resting on a table so its not moving at all)

WolfBrother

Reaction score
I've had issues all day. My wife on the other hand, has had 4G all day.

Disneyman

Reaction score
Just spoke to a Verizon tech, outage in western NY state. She said they are aware people are going from 4g to 3g then no internet. Have pretty much been experiencing this since I got my Bionic. She assures me that this will be resolved. She also said some of her co-workers have had the same issues that I am experiencing.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
No 4G all day in Tucson...just received the 4G notification...it's back on!

roytoy101

Reaction score
Most of the razrs are out of sequence. You would have reboot the phone up to 32 times to get back in sequence. Going in and out of airplane mode isn't the same. That was the fix for mine in the last outage. Hopefully the clowns change the sequence to like 5.

PhDCow

Reaction score
Most of the razrs are out of sequence. You would have reboot the phone up to 32 times to get back in sequence. Going in and out of airplane mode isn't the same. That was the fix for mine in the last outage. Hopefully the clowns change the sequence to like 5.

I have no idea what you just said, but I'd be interested to know.

It's been intermittent here today (Albany, NY). I keep it on wireless at home. When I left to run errands today, I had no data whatsoever for 3 hours straight. I got about 5 minutes of 3G this afternoon and that was all. Interesting, the VZW store in the mall was packed with people. Very few looked like they were buying. The cue for service was quite long.

You know, I expect a 30 second delay when switching between data modes or switching data on or off. Even with Fresh Network, it's taking forever. I thought it was my phone because we have good coverage, but now I'm not so sure.

llll1lll1

Reaction score
I was out 4g and 3g in Los Angeles since about 10:30am today (12/28). Now 3g is pretty consistant for the last hour or so. But, no 4g to be found.

I've done the airplane mode a few times and it hasn't changed anything.

Anyone in LA have 4g?